alot of people have said tome get a schecter, but just how good are they

i suppose im a bit of a snob when it comes to names but if they really are as good or better than say the jackson (RR24) im after then im willing to go for it
Who told you to get a Schecter? There aren't many Schecters that can really compare to the RR24. Unelss you don't care about looks. In that case, look into Schecter Hellraisers.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
First of all, why would you expect a sub 700 dollar guitar to outperform a 1200 dollar one? Schecters are good guitars for the price. There not great, There not bad. What they are is a good guitar that has good features aimed at a budget market.
Quote by gsr2k6
First of all, why would you expect a sub 700 dollar guitar to outperform a 1200 dollar one? Schecters are good guitars for the price. There not great, There not bad. What they are is a good guitar that has good features aimed at a budget market.

They can, and do outperform many guitars that are easily twice the price, in my opinion.

It depends on the person playing it, and their preferences/playing style.

People put too much emphasis on how many numbers are on the price tag of a guitar. Expensive doesn't always mean better. You don't always get what you pay for. Adding zeros to a price tag does not add inches to your penis (or bra size, if you're a lady).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Exactly

As long as the guitar has decent hardware and electronics which those do then your good to go. Don't forget the most important aspect of any guitar... the QC process at the factory.

Thats why you find some Squires that can outplay a MIM strat.. same deal!
Quote by gsr2k6

Most prestiges that I have played, including the 1570, outperformed the few RR24s I've tried and an SL3.
schecters are godly

everyone i played at guitar center is sweet as hell

and just own

get a hellraiser V if u want that style and dont let noobs like the guy above say there budget guitars

they are quality at a better price
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.