Quote by stephen_rettie
and after listening to your mp3s i can say your not bad, but turn off that that god aweful distortion and get a decent amp

It was awful.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
It was awful.

i concur, although i wont be to harsh as i don't have any recordings of myself up therefore cant talk...
Last edited by TheHereAway at Mar 26, 2008,
Knowing different styles of music as well I'd presume. Good luck on it though

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Theory, experience, good ear, and you need to be able to sightread like a fox.

I had a listen to your mp3s, but I couldn't hear the notes because your amp tone is too bad.

Basically, you need to be able to play what they give you, perfectly, first time around. Because noone is going to want a session musician they have to teach the songs to.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Start small and grow to bigger things. I'm doing some session work for a local band at the moment, so I'm hoping it's going to give me a bit of a reputation so maybe other artists might want me to work with me too.
Quote by TheHereAway
i concur, although i wont be to harsh as i don't have any recordings of myself up therefore cant talk...

Ok ok, it was the tone which was awful...........

But yeh, i cant really talk cos ive not got anything of me on my profile.
I've had a listen, and the tone sounds like donkey dick, I'm sorry to say.

And if you're aiming to be a session musician, I hope you broaden your musical horizons beyond your "skull crushing brootal metal."

You have some work to do, but you are 15, so you have time on your side.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Theory, experience, good ear, and you need to be able to sightread like a fox.

I had a listen to your mp3s, but I couldn't hear the notes because your amp tone is too bad.

Basically, you need to be able to play what they give you, perfectly, first time around. Because noone is going to want a session musician they have to teach the songs to.

+1 You have to be like a machine
Flexibility, all the session musos (bass, drums and guitar) I know have worked on pop, adverts, TV themes, incidental music etc, rock / metal jobs rarely crop up... Them's the breaks if you want to pay the bills...

SH
Yeah, something like that. Session musician sounds like one helluva fun job.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
session musicians are rare, because studios/recording companies/bands etc go with tried and trusted (normally american) musicians. Locally you can get some session work but you would be better off forming a tribute band for the money (big bucks in that)
I know it's already been said but that is definitely the worst tone I've heard on your recording, I mean a mate of mine is extremely careless with his tone but your tone is something else.....
here's some advice:

GET YOUR OPEN POSITION CHORD PLAYING DOWN!

honestly if you wish to make a living out of session playing 90% (made up statistic) of what you do will be very basic stuff.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Yeah whats on my profile is just me assing roung to tell you the truth. And i can see why you guys despise it =] But yeah i'd like to think im rather versatile. I do want to get some classical training. I am pretty flexible. Again i just want to stress i was trying to get the "most brutal tone" I can play things the are actually listenable =] Thanks for all the help good info all.

BTW: I was trying to get an "original" tone. I think i acheived that, even if it is god awful. But i like to think im good at finding the right tone for the right context. Like when i play poppier songs i do dial the gain back ALOT.

Edit: I think the term i was looking for to describe my tone was Thrash on steroides
Last edited by Blackvelvet at Mar 27, 2008,
Be very proficent at sight reading, and general music theory, and playing ALL styles, yes that means Country aswell.... A performance degree would definatly not hurt either..
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
You're not gonna get hired if you sound like that.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by GrEgUms1991
It was awful.

+1.

First of all, you need to improve by about 300%. Also, maybe you should just delete that tapping interlude thing....
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I've had a listen, and the tone sounds like donkey dick, I'm sorry to say.

And if you're aiming to be a session musician, I hope you broaden your musical horizons beyond your "skull crushing brootal metal."

You have some work to do, but you are 15, so you have time on your side.

What if he want's to session for skull crushing br00tal metal?
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.