i have a yamaha fakey strat thing. so far it's been great, amazing action, just fun to play. but then the other day the third fret on my g string magically started buzzing. it won't go away. i'm almost positive it has nothing to do with the action.

anyone have any advice as to what to do?
Do a barrel roll.

Your nut may be worn where the G-String is, some gunk may have collected under the G-String causing it to buzz (lol), the posts which are responsible for the action of that string may be crapping out

Several possible things...
On alot of strats almost all ive tried the G will buzz its just one of those things.... Including my '57. Like Xian said check those things. But you might be best taking it to a pro and having it set up etc
when you say, that you are almost possitive it isnt the action, Did you raise the action?

like said, swap out the strings it they are old, and raise the action if that doesnt work.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
when you say, that you are almost possitive it isnt the action, Did you raise the action?

like said, swap out the strings it they are old, and raise the action if that doesnt work.

it's not the action.
the action has been the way it is ever since i got it, and that one string never buzzed until recently...
and it's only one string.
wouldn't it be all of them if it was the action?
no it wouldnt. and necks relax as the weather changes. first swap strings, then try the action then go from there.

if its a bad fret, then an action lift will help it too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
no it wouldnt. and necks relax as the weather changes. first swap strings, then try the action then go from there.

if its a bad fret, then an action lift will help it too.

alright, thanks