Poll: Do you ever get nervous over the phone?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you ever get nervous over the phone?
Yes
60 48%
No
26 21%
I like chicken
38 31%
Voters: 124.
So, today I had to call up a couple of people (a motorbike school and a motorbike shop) and for some reason I got really nervous, I think it was probably because the guy in the bike shop was trying to pressure me into buying a bike, when all I wanted to know was delivery costs.

Anyway, this led me to wonder why I get nervous on the phone, it's not like these people are going to roundhouse kick me over the phone lines for saying I don't want to buy a bike.

So pit, I ask you, do you ever get nervous and tongue tied over the phone? And if you do, why?
Yeah i did one time when i had to ring up the guitar centre in town to ask for a work experience placement. It didn't go too bad though, because the guy was really nice. If he had been really awkward and horrible i probably would have been screwed.
I like chicken.
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Nope. I worked as a telephonist for a cab firm for nearly three years and the amount of drunks, drug addicts, assholes, idiots, old people, meanacing people etc that I had to deal with made me develop a thick skin so now when Im on the phone, people dont like talking to me because I sound dominating.

Edit:

Though when I started out, I was a bit nervous but as time went on, I got more used to it.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Nope. I worked as a telephonist for a cab firm for nearly three years and the amount of drunks, drug addicts, assholes, idiots, old people, meanacing people etc that I had to deal with made me develop a thick skin so now when Im on the phone, people dont like talking to me because I sound dominating.

You mean to say you don't like chicken?!?!
Quote by XianXiuHong
You mean to say you don't like chicken?!?!

I like chicken!

I also like fucking chickens.... And goats... And sheep.
I always get the feeling if I, say, ask a guitar store if they have something in stock, they'll say "NO, AND YOU'RE STUPID FOR ASKING, IDIOT!!!"
n w-w-what? st-st-stutter!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I don't get nervous, but I do hate using phones - it's so intrusive and impersonal. I voted for chicken though. I'm gonna gets me some chicken.
I'm a total jackass on the phone...which is the exact opposite of how I am in real life.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Sometimes it's really really difficult. I mean, when the parents of your abducted child start to cry, sometimes you want to just give the kid back, but then what would you do about dinner?
Not really, because on the phone I mostly talk to people I know.
When I don't talk to people I'm familiar with, I don't really mind as I don't know them.
Quote by XianXiuHong
I like chicken.

I Like Turtels

Sometimes depends who iam talking to.
Quote by MightyAl
Sometimes it's really really difficult. I mean, when the parents of your abducted child start to cry, sometimes you want to just give the kid back, but then what would you do about dinner?

That's what the chicken part is for, fool.
Quote by Time Seller

That's what the chicken part is for, fool.

Yea, but it's really not the same. I mean, what kind of sick freak would have sex with a chicken when there's a scared child available?
Yes, even if I'm phoning a friend who I've known for ages on their mobile. I also hate answering phones. I also prefer turkey to chicken.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by Nizzi
Yes, even if I'm phoning a friend who I've known for ages on their mobile. I also hate answering phones. I also prefer turkey to chicken.

YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS ISSUES!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Yea, but it's really not the same. I mean, what kind of sick freak would have sex with a chicken when there's a scared child available?

try a scared baby chicken
Yeah I hate speaking to people over the phone unless I know them well.
I think its becasuse I cant see there facial expressions or body movements.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by MightyAl

ME!

I get nervous, but I fucking love chicken!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Aye, I do
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I like liver, Meow Mix, Meow Mix please deliver!

Sorry, what?

And for the quesion...... no..
Quote by Mathamology
I get nervous, and I don't know why. But as soon as I start talking to the person on the other end I'm fine... its more the bit before where I get nervous. It's strange.

Same...

Its weird. There is definitely something psychologically different about talking on the phone to any other means of communication...
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by sam b
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix, Meow Mix please deliver!

Sorry, what?

And for the quesion...... no..

Fixed!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by sam b
I was finishing the option off

Oh, I like meow mix! "Now your going to go across the street & get me some orange sherbert!"
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Yeh i get nervous..

yep and i love chicken
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
I get Nervous ...

but only sometimes
like when i'm asking for something lol
When Life Gives You Lemons...
Swap Them For
Alcohol.