http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7313994.stm

Buuuuuuuurn, if the winner doesn't collect. Seriously, could you imagine checking your lottery tickets tomorrow? Just hurts to think of it
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

The money goes to charity otherwise, and the person could well know they won but decided they don't want that in their life.
Ouch

It's not gonna get claimed. It's from september last year, the ticket will be long gone.
Quote by filthandfury
Ouch

It's not gonna get claimed. It's from september last year, the ticket will be long gone.

Oh dear God - Well...isn't that great. Can you imagine saying, "I just lost £7M...I didn't know I had...last year"

Ouch - it hurts so much but yes, at least it goes to charity.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by smb
The money goes to the 2012 Olympics otherwise, and the person could well know they won but decided they don't want that in their life.

Fixed.
Quote by MightyAl
Fixed.

In law, that's a charitable trust. So, yes, most likely
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
In law, that's a charitable trust. So, yes, most likely

I just don't think it's a particularly worthy cause.
i don't think anyone is going to claim it, whoever had the ticket probably threw it away or lost it long ago not knowing it was a winning ticket. now they can do nothing about it

...although in a turn of events a bum could find the discarded ticket and claim the money, that would be a nice ending
OWNED

haha

at least it goes to charity though, thats good
“I feel the same way about disco, as I do about herpes” - Hunter S. Thompson
Yeah, a Charitable trust is a trust for any abstract purpose providing it dimishes poverty (in a broad sense) in some way - now that's not saying Stratford is a shit area, but I'd be lying if that I didn't mean that . But really, East London needs to be bloody cleaned and the Olympics is doing just that.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Yeah, a Charitable trust is a trust for any abstract purpose providing it dimishes poverty (in a broad sense) in some way - now that's not saying Stratford is a shit area, but I'd be lying if that I didn't mean that . But really, East London needs to be bloody cleaned and the Olympics is doing just that.

How does cleaning diminish poverty?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Only poor people clean things, so this will generate work.
Quote by Kensai

"Poverty" means a broad sense. In Trust law, this means regenerating the area for people to live in better conditions. If you've been to the east end of London, you'll see it's not the friendliest of all places to live in - providing the Olympics means employment, better sense of living because it's cleaner etc (it will be spotlessly clean as the authorities will be keep to impress). Not only that, but it generates an interest in Olympic sports and so it's actually educational. Educational and Resarch trusts for the advancement of sport-related topics is considered charitable.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by MightyAl
Only poor people clean things, so this will generate work.

It's still a far-fetched assumption that cleaning the streets will diminish poverty, even if it's mostly underclass people that will clean. It's hardly a longterm solution either.

Quote by Nightwatchman10
maybe is people see clean stuff then it makes them happy

clean = new drug

How is getting people addicted charity?

Quote by Harmonius
"Poverty" means a broad sense. In Trust law, this means regenerating the area for people to live in better conditions. If you've been to the east end of London, you'll see it's not the friendliest of all places to live in - providing the Olympics means employment, better sense of living because it's cleaner etc.

Now that's even more far-fetched.

Bah, you brits and your deceptiveness!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by TheHereAway

...although in a turn of events a bum could find the discarded ticket and claim the money, that would be a nice ending

Yeah, free Vladimir Vodka for every bum on the streets of NYC!
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Quote by Harmonius
"Poverty" means a broad sense. In Trust law, this means regenerating the area for people to live in better conditions. If you've been to the east end of London, you'll see it's not the friendliest of all places to live in - providing the Olympics means employment, better sense of living because it's cleaner etc (it will be spotlessly clean as the authorities will be keep to impress). Not only that, but it generates an interest in Olympic sports and so it's actually educational. Educational and Resarch trusts for the advancement of sport-related topics is considered charitable.

And there was me thinking poverty meant kids with rickets because they can only afford to eat one day in three.
In fact it turns out that poverty means not havign a TV in every room of your house.
Quote by MightyAl
And there was me thinking poverty meant kids with rickets because they can only afford to eat one day in three.
In fact it turns out that poverty means not havign a TV in every room of your house.

+1