I want to play bass for my school's jazz combo, but I don't have a bass.
As you can see, this is a problem.
I've found a nice Squier P-bass for about $300, but I'm not sure I'll have enough money for an amp.
I know that a guitar works okay with a bass amp, but does it work the other way around?

Or will I just have to get a starter pack?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp get a bass amp

-smb
go to the faq
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
You will run the risk of blowing the guitar amp if you play your bass through it.

Get a bass amp.
and a bass through a guitar amp won't sound as good.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Sounds bad and the low E will blow your speaker.

Get Squier P Bass starter pack or something. Comes with bass and amp. Will probs be 350 to 400 dollars overall.
I say this another of those needed stickies

"IF YOU WANT TO RUN A BASS THROUGH A GUITAR AMP, GO HERE, IDIOT"
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire

What would be the point? People don't read the stickies and keep posting the threads anyway so it'll just mean the regs get more pissed at being asked dumb questions.
Quote by ChemicalFire

so you wish to sticky something that's already in a stickied thread?

i wholeheartedly recommend you take a quick peek at the faq
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The FAQ is intended as a useful tool, but it's not a thread killer. People are going to keep asking the same old questions until we've all been replaced by robot keyboardists using headphone monitors and DIed straight in to the PA...and then the old stupid questions will be replaced by new stupid questions anyway.
Quote by skater dan0
so you wish to sticky something that's already in a stickied thread?

i wholeheartedly recommend you take a quick peek at the faq

I know it's in the FAQ, but people instantly assume they're question isn't in there, or they would read it...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
As everyone has said you should get a bass amp and also I own a squire p-bass and I wouldnt reccomend it. I would go with the jazz instead, I have had quite a few problems with mine, I work on it just as much as I play it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I know it's in the FAQ, but people instantly assume they're question isn't in there, or they would read it...

Because everyone likes to think they are unique. I'm serious, this is the biggest issue with FAQs in general. I learned this one after years on a help desk for an IT shop.

Either that we are falling seriously into what Albert Einstein once said about insanity:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.

To the TS:
If you can't afford to buy an bass amp, think of how much money you will spend if you have to buy a bass amp and a guitar amp after you've blown it out.