Hi there guys!!!

It's time for my second guitar now so I am choosing between a Jackson Soloist Pro Series, a Washburn X40PRO QTBL, an ESP M-II or maybe an Ibanez RG. Wasburn has Seymours and a coil tap and a wood-finish neck, ESP has EMG's and a wood-finish neck but only a vol knob no tone knobs , Jackson has a painted neck, seymours, two humbuckers, tone, vol, pickup selector. I've got about 1.5 grand to spare and would like it to have an Original Floyd Rose. Out of these which I have listed which would you recommend so that I can improve my Soloing ability and also to get great clean tones. The main reason i narrowed down to these is because they all have fast necks and original floyds.

I love all of them!! Can you help me choose?

Constructive feedback is much appreciated!!!!!! Thanks guys
Last edited by Rizazzo at Mar 26, 2008,
I'd say eps or Schecter
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
The Nez and the Jackson have the fastest necks. The ESP has the best pickups. If you want a guitar that wil help you increase your soloing you should go with this one.....practice.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
All those brands are comparable in quality in the same price range.. Try them all and decide for yourself, that way you won't regret it afterwards if someone on this forum happens to prefer one brand.
Herman Li's Sig "E-Gen".

Perfect guitar. I own one and It can't be beat. It only has an edge zero tremolo system though.
Which is about equal to a floyd rose imo.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
Herman Li's Sig "E-Gen".

Perfect guitar. I own one and It can't be beat. It only has an edge zero tremolo system though.
Which is about equal to a floyd rose imo.
The Edge Zero is probably the best floating Trem out there.

BTW, Can you take pics of your Egen!
an actual ESP M-II is going to smoke those. and LTD not so much. I would say look into a used Jackson USA or Washburn Nuno Buttencourt though, which should hang with the ESP in construction quality and playability. Once you get there it comes down to taste. Ibanez Edge Zeros are far from the best floating trems out there though. The cheaper MIJ Ibbys are alright, but you could also get a used JEM for that price.

For what it's worth, the Edge Zero I tried on a JS1200 looked and felt cheap and didn't feel nearly as solid as an FR. I think most will agree the old Edge/Edge Lo Pros were better made and smoother trems.
Quote by Ventor
All those brands are comparable in quality in the same price range.. Try them all and decide for yourself, that way you won't regret it afterwards if someone on this forum happens to prefer one brand.

+1

Most people who reply are just going to side with the brand guitar they own/are bias to. You need to play them for yourself.
Personally, I like Ibanez. Their necks feel good to me, they have great fast action, and they're really doing some cool stuff with their tremolos, making really high quality ones, and not many guitar companies make their own, and not many of those that do are any good, in my opinion.(to my knowledge, knowing my luck hundreds of people will reply, naming companies that make their own tremolos) Jacksons don't feel right to me, alot of people like them, they just don't feel built right to me. ESP's have weight problems, not like, they're too heavy like alot of people say about Les Pauls, I just know alot of ESP's I've played, the neck will be so heavy the guitar won't feel right at all. And Washburns...I just...I strongly dislike them...people like them...but I am not one of them.
Ibanez...and Tama drums...are the coolest.
Quote by ValoRhoads
The Nez and the Jackson have the fastest necks. The ESP has the best pickups. If you want a guitar that wil help you increase your soloing you should go with this one.....practice.

Wrong and wrong. Very wrong. Everyone should be able to tell why.
Esp and Ibanez are close if your talking about there Prestige models. Then I would say Jackson because i dont know anything about Washburn except i want one of the boogiebolts lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 26, 2008,
when you are buying guitars in those price ranges you should try them all out and see which ones you like best and feel the best. personally i would go with the jackson as my first choice, ibanez as a close second, washburn as third, and i wouldnt even consider an esp(just my preference mind you)
the jackson kind of has a weak neck pickup, but you can always swap it out
edit: also the jackson has a licensed floyd rose, not original
Quote by ironman1478
^except by new jackson's

Mmmm, I'm not so sure. Fender haven't been good to the old girls lately.
ehh i dont notice the difference.
also to the tc you check on ebay for better prices on some of those guitars because i was just looking on gc.com and that esp was too expensive for what it had. also
Hi guys just to let you know I've finally decided and bought the Jackson Soloist 2H TB with seymours and original floyd rose. Thanks for all the guys who helped me choose!!
Quote by Rizazzo
Hi guys just to let you know I've finally decided and bought the Jackson Soloist 2H TB with seymours and original floyd rose. Thanks for all the guys who helped me choose!!

Well I'll just go ahead and call you a motherfucker right now, cos I love Jacksons

Post pics ASAP.