Im new at recording music. I have some cool tunes I would like to record and put on here but not sure how. Please help.
Get a recording program mic your amp and hit record.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by VILLAIN90
Im new at recording music. I have some cool tunes I would like to record and put on here but not sure how. Please help.

1. Use software. Audacity is free. Try it out.
2. Physical recorder. Like a Micro BR or a Boss BR-800. Rather expensive. Quite worth it, depending on which you buy.
3. Some phones have recorders that record in +eAAC or similarly high quality recording format. Even so, these are only good for recording on the fly and stuff like that.

Any other questions? Pick one way and ask more if you want, I'll follow up. PM me if you want. C ya.
The illustrated guide to recording your guitar

If your amp has an output jack, get one of these:

And then just use a small audio cable to connect to your microphone input on your computer:

Then get Audacity:

Hit the record button and start playing.
audio interface (a box with mic inputs you plug into your computer via USB or FIREWIRE) and audacity, although i recommend a sequencer such as cubase, or logic
Quote by Beansontoast
the only musical instrument a woman should play is the hoover and/or the iron
Get an XLR input thing with phantom power. Get a condensor mic. Then you can record your amp, vocals and anything else that makes a sound to a really good quality.
I'm thinking about getting a Line 6 Pod 2.0... are they as awesome as I hear from most people?
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
bidding on a Boss BR-600 right now... anyone have any experience with that recording live music at a gig? hands on review at musicians friend said it was great for it if u set ur levels and faced it away from the stage.....
...even when i'm sleepin' i'm keepin' it real.
Quote by faigenistic
bidding on a Boss BR-600 right now... anyone have any experience with that recording live music at a gig? hands on review at musicians friend said it was great for it if u set ur levels and faced it away from the stage.....

Fellow at Guitar Center was trying to tell me the Boss (or is it Digitech) ME-50 is really good for recording live... I'd never heard of it though, nor did I know anything about it... so I wasn't too interested.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,