the gold on the bridge of my epi is faded or something. I tried to clean it, but it didn't work. any suggestions?
Live with it because gold hardware fades or replace it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
By Fade, do you mean that it just goes dull? Because I've had experiences with some fake golds before and they go green, which is just horrible.

Does this happen on epiphone guitars? I can imagine that the fading wouldn't be too bad, would make it look a bit more worn and beat up...
Quote by CrazyDavey
Does this happen on epiphone guitars? I can imagine that the fading wouldn't be too bad, would make it look a bit more worn and beat up...

As far as I know it happens on all guitars with gold hardware of any brand unless you actually made the hardware out of real gold...but who the hell would do that?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
that's what I thought. It didn't go green, but sorta just looks like someone covered it with dirt. I play it a lot, at least 5 hrs a day when I don't go to school, but I don't clean it that often. oh well