Poll: what do you reckon you are?
Poll Options
View poll results: what do you reckon you are?
working class
66 14%
upper working / lower middle
98 20%
middle class
272 57%
upper class (?!)
44 9%
Voters: 480.
Page 1 of 4
after someone claimed that UG was full of middle class white kids, i decided to take the time and make a poll to set things straight!

EDIT: i put 4 options by mistake, hence the lower middle thing lol

BTW: this is a british interpretation, not sure how other countries really define it. to be fair, i'm still not sure how you really define it
Last edited by fender_696 at Mar 26, 2008,
I'm a working class hero.

So you know... if you want to be a hero just follow me.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I couldn't decide on Working or Upper Working so I just chose Working. Poor me Its a bitch to be poor in this world, can't buy anything you need easily (music wise) Especially if your in a band and you practice at a rehearsal studio every week.
Quote by maggot9779
I couldn't decide on Working or Upper Working so I just chose Working. Poor me Its a bitch to be poor in this world, can't buy anything you need easily (music wise) Especially if your in a band and you practice at a rehearsal studio every week.

Well, seeing as your occupation is 'professional bum', quit your jibber-jabber, fool!
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I just chose working, but bearing in mind that I am still wealthier than many people who are considered rich in less developed contries, it's hard to decide here.
family wise id be middle class, but in the sense of my own bank account, id be lower lower working class.
im not middle class
im a working class kid
and im not white
im spic o0
i dont fit the description at all =(
Im fecking poor as hell.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Badreligionrock
Well, seeing as your occupation is 'professional bum', quit your jibber-jabber, fool!

There a few of us Professional Bums around The pay is awful though, I must go to my union!

Viva La Revolution!
Working Class- council house fodder here. So by global standards I'm rich as ****- clean water and everything.

EDIT: I don't see how anyone with a home computer can call themselves "poor"
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Last edited by Hobolad at Mar 26, 2008,
We are definetely not poor... not too rich though

and I am not white

YES there are coloured people who can buy food and cars etc. and are not criminal!

Even in the netherlands
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SharpSpoon
I'm poor.

Everyone thinks I"m not but I am.

I don't even have a cell phone, and I'm running dial-up.

Thats poor.

awwwwwwwwwww, that must be hard.

and you say this using a computer and everything.........
Quote by maggot9779
There a few of us Professional Bums around The pay is awful though, I must go to my union!

Viva La Revolution!

That's a good song, and I'd say my family's middle class, maybe upper middle class.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 26, 2008,
I'm in Middle Class. My father owns a business and my mom is a network manager for a company.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a working class hero.

So you know... if you want to be a hero just follow me.

mmm its TIME TO FOLLOW THE MAN!!!!!

ladeeduh *follows*
I'm middle class, white but im not a kid im 21
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by betty boop
i`m busking. :p
usually i really have no money.
and no problems with that since i`ve been a busker.

Professionally?
Upper-Class.

I wish I wasn't because it gives my a barrier between other people.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
it's quite interesting to see that, looking from the results, guitar players are better off than most!
My family is middle class, but I myself am poor, being a college student and all.
I find alot of buskers are actually middle/upper class University students who are too lazy and "individual" to get a proper part time job.
hahahaha, all the kids who live at their parents and think they are 'middle class' will be downgrading as soon as they need to find a job methinks lol!
Quote by AnzioFNK
hahahaha, all the kids who live at their parents and think they are 'middle class' will be downgrading as soon as they need to find a job methinks lol!

well that's a given
Quote by DanRev
I find alot of buskers are actually middle/upper class University students who are too lazy and "individual" to get a proper part time job.

dunno why, but croatian society tends to be very conservative about revealing yourself on the streets and doing something for money, even if its artistic and creative.
ppl do it here only if they`re rly out of money or need some extra or don`t have time for a regular job because of school or busy life. too many ORs lol. ORly? :P
I'm working class. My mom made the decision to become a teacher, and I don't have a dad. But I consider myself lucky compared to people in other countries, I have clean water and enough food and electricity. Working class isn't so bad, though.
middle class asian

why most of UG will be middle class:
1. guitar is an expensive hobby
2. you're using a computer + internet a lot
3. you need to find typing and reading fun (educated)
Last edited by FlyingFuc!< at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by betty boop
dunno why, but croatian society tends to be very conservative about revealing yourself on the streets and doing something for money, even if its artistic and creative.
ppl do it here only if they`re rly out of money or need some extra or don`t have time for a regular job because of school or busy life. too many ORs lol. ORly? :P

I can see why it would be different in Croatia.

London, its an entirely different story I think.
Page 1 of 4