Alright you guys, I decided since I can't afford to buy a legit drum kit, that I was going to make one out of buckets and pots and stuff like those crazy street drummers. I already have two of the 5 gallon buckets, a pot that sounds exactly like the cowbell from Lowrider, a high chime from a CO2 tank, and another big pot. I already know how to make the bass sound by lifting the bucket off the ground. What would you recommend that I add to the kit to make it better? What would have a cool sound that I can use? And also, any tips on how to make different plastic buckets have a different pitch without muting them? Actually any tips on the matter in general would be cool. Thanks.
Put things in the bucket so that there is less space in 'em, and LOL. That is determination.

You could probably get a cheap drumset dude, just go and cut some grass or something around the neighbors.
you should look into Baptista(sp?) - the Brazilian percussion guy.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by Lucky#Slevin
Put things in the bucket so that there is less space in 'em, and LOL. That is determination.

You could probably get a cheap drumset dude, just go and cut some grass or something around the neighbors.

I can't really mow lawns, the reason I don't have any money is I'm at school and my work study doesn't really give me that much right now. What do you recommend I put in the buckets to change the pitch but not dampen them too much?

And also thanks for the tip with Baptista, I might see if I can make one of those crazy pipe drums out of PVC
put blankets, old clothe, rags to dampen sound
stuff like that
tape metal things onto the inside of the buckets like coins too give it different sounds and pitches
Last edited by ChrisIsGawd at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by KryptNet
you should look into Baptista(sp?) - the Brazilian percussion guy.

He came to the arts center near where I live with Beat the Donkey. My god can that guy play.

But good luck. I wanna see pictures/hear sound clips when this is done, because I thought about doing it at one point.
Don't worry I'll post something when I have it all set up. Though with what I have now I can play some pretty cool stuff. I might get some big ass low pitched wind chimes to hang abover me. And I'm going to see if I can find something to change the pitch of the buckets, either by putting something in them, or putting soundholes in key spots, maybe my tuner can pick up the tones so I can tune to a triad haha. If anyone else has some tips let me know. Oh and this is a weekend project because I'm at school all week and can only work on it at home on weekends.