hey so i got my ibanez S470 dxqm a couple of weeks ago and got a bit carried away in a solo yesterday and broke a string (right as i was about to stop playing aswell, typical )

just been browsing the internet because i couldnt exactly see how to fit a new string, am i right in thinking i have to cut the ball off the end and the end of the string that sits in the bridge is just held in a clamp, and the other end is locked down in the locking tuners? i've never seen that on a guitar before, but i figured thats how its meant to go.

am i right?
yessir.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
yea
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
Quote by chickrawker
how bout jsut replacing the string(s)? its easier...

he IS replacing the string...he wanted to know if he had to cut the ball end off for a floyd...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
just change the strings lol, and when u do, dont kut off the ball, feed the other end through the nut 2 the bridge, and kut the string 2 w/e length at the bridge make sure u have enough length though, then if u do break a string and u dont feel like buying anew 1, just unlock the nuts, unwind the...the........the twerly thing! lmfao, ya, and u can get the other end of the string in the bridge
Quote by dnamra13
do you mean putting the balls into the tuners instead of cutting them off cause that is how i do it on my cort x-6

Yeah, that's what I do when I have to restring peoples' floyd rose guitars. Saves a few seconds, and it looks nice.
not sure how much you know about the bridge, but only take one string off at a time and you will save a headache.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Yeah, that's what I do when I have to restring peoples' floyd rose guitars. Saves a few seconds, and it looks nice.

Yeah, it's easily the best way to do it. You say yourself having to fiddle around with just the wire and also, if you get used to stringing it like this, it's possible to restring on stage without having wire cutters and such to hand.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay