So I'm looking for a new practice amp, probably a 15W. I play mainly post-hardcore stuff like Thrice and Atreyu and sometimes punk/metal like Strung Out. I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom right now and I'm still deciding what amp I should get. I'd rather have one with distortion and effects built in rather than having to buy an extra pedal. So of all of the amps, I'm thinking of either a Roland Micro Cube or 15W Cube or a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT or a Line 6 Spider III 15W. Of all of those, which is the best bang for the buck, because I know the Vox is the most expensive of them all, but is it worth it?

Thanks.
I recommend headphones.

Just kidding. =]

I heard the valvetronix suck at metal type genres and Line 6 spiders have horrible tone.
I would go for the cube easily.
if I ever were to get a smallish SS amp for practice it'd have to be a Cube. and the bigger version would be nice for the extra headroom.
the Valvetronix doesn't suck at Metal. It just does lighter gain better. The XL series of them aren't any different, just more high gain settings. Same sound though

Still get the cube