Hey there, just wondering if there are any greenday fans out there or guitar teachers who knows if there are any greenday songs suitable for a beginner?! As one of the kids I teach wants to learn some greenday & is a beginner!

cheers, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
cool thanks guys, yeh the kids a total beginner, we've been working on power chords so far lol, so im hoping hes been practicing!

cheers, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
I'm a GD fan(or at leas an ex-GD fan) and I think "Time of Your Life" would be a good song he/she would probably want to learn that will still emphasize "advanced" technique for the beginner. And promise him that you'll teach him "Wake Me Up When September Ends" if he learns Time of Your Life and practices like you tell him too. If I know anything about Green Day kids, he'll be very excited.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj4qfCNQB6s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zEJ5m429AI

Oh, I directed you to a live version of "September Ends" because the actual music vid is so teen-pop( ) that you might die a little inside from watching it.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Mar 26, 2008,
Good Riddance was the first song I learned how to play, its good for teaching beginner chords and chord changes, eventually you could teach your student the advanced way to play it with the arpeggios like Billy Joe plays it.
when i come around is sooo easy adn its a great song u find my version here http://www.ttabs.com/tabs.php?id=253639
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
"Holiday", "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and "When I Come Around" are three very, very easy songs to teach to a beginner.
I would say Brain Stew is the easiest. Good way to get them moving power chords.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by illtrixtaj
every greenday song is just powerchords so...every song.

You haven't heard every Green Day song.
Quote by illtrixtaj
every greenday song is just powerchords so...every song.

Not quite. Some of their songs and riffs get up into the intermediate level. Also, just because they use powerchords doesn't mean they're easy enough for a total beginner. A total beginner wouldn't be able to change positions fast enough to play American Idiot, for example.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
Not quite. Some of their songs and riffs get up into the intermediate level. Also, just because they use powerchords doesn't mean they're easy enough for a total beginner. A total beginner wouldn't be able to change positions fast enough to play American Idiot, for example.

I agree. Also the rhythm may be a little too hard.
Quote by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~
"Holiday", "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and "When I Come Around" are three very, very easy songs to teach to a beginner.

+1

Holiday is VERY simple and good for beginners, and wake me up when september ends, will keep him interested with the little intro riff etc.
all of them.
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
Quote by philipp122

Blasphemer
'Basket Case' was the first song I learnt. It's good for learning power chord changes and isn't too fast, so teach that one yeah.
Quote by synth002
Hey there, just wondering if there are any greenday fans out there or guitar teachers who knows if there are any greenday songs suitable for a beginner?! As one of the kids I teach wants to learn some greenday & is a beginner!

cheers, chris

Every green day song is easy enough for a beginner.

Good Riddance would probably be the best for him to learn with the picking and whatnot. Brainstew is the easiest along with walking contradiction
Alot of their songs are easy, but not good for someone whos fingers arent even used to the guitar yet. As everyones has mentioned, it doesnt get much easier than brainstew
Most of their songs are suitable for a beginner, but some of their early songs have some solos that are, although not terribly difficult, not for beginners.
umm... everything by greenday?
Mal: "Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears." FIREFLY RULES!!!