Ibanez SZ720FM

Anyone played this? Seems like a great deal, at least price-wise. Would it be good for someone doing classic rock and praise music? Not so much into metal. Had a problem with the Fender MIM strat I picked up so I had to return it. Just deciding if I should try another or look at something different. Have a Vox AD30VT as my amp. I'm in the beginning stages of learning. Thanks

Edit: Search is my friend. Looking at past threads now. Sorry. Though, if you do have some thoughts to share, have at it.
Last edited by caseyd1012 at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by caseyd1012
Ibanez SZ720FM

Anyone played this? Seems like a great deal, at least price-wise. Would it be good for someone doing classic rock and praise music? Not so much into metal. Had a problem with the Fender MIM strat I picked up so I had to return it. Just deciding if I should try another or look at something different. Have a Vox AD30VT as my amp. I'm in the beginning stages of learning. Thanks

Edit: Search is my friend. Looking at past threads now. Sorry. Though, if you do have some thoughts to share, have at it.

So, music that the guitar is not at all important in?
hehe, jk

I played one a while ago in a store, but from what I remember it was decent. The neck was a little thin for my taste, but meh.
Dude... that guitar is good for basically everything. It's especially great for the price and the fact that you're a beginner-ish. It's VERY comfortable... nomatter how you're holding it. I had a bit of a problenm with the pickups, just because they were a TINY bit muddy. Barely. You may not even be able to tell.

If you want it, get it. They're built to last.

I didn't buy this model though, just because they aren't being sold anymore. So I went for the new SZR 720 QM.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
So, music that the guitar is not at all important in?
hehe, jk

I played one a while ago in a store, but from what I remember it was decent. The neck was a little thin for my taste, but meh.

LOL, I keep hearing that about certain brands of guitars when I mention praise music. I'm assuming that people think praise music is always played with an accoustic? One of the guys in our worship band has a Jackson. It sounds like this guitar is fairly versatile?
Ibanezes are very comfortable guitars, and you'll find they're not just for metal, just that a lot of metal players like them for their necks. They can easily cover any genre.
Quote by -Collapse-
Ibanezes are very comfortable guitars, and you'll find they're not just for metal, just that a lot of metal players like them for their necks. They can easily cover any genre.

+1

This model in particular is very versatile and the ones that I have tried several times in store (cus it's that good) played really smoothly and sounded great!

I would get one soon but I got major GAS for a PGM301...