Anything that involves a lot of picking with a metronome.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yo Hardcore dude! My advice is to play through various scales and arpeggios using a metronome. Have goals for yourself and a structured system where you are periodically pushing yourself into % increases in your bpm (beat per minute) with the metronome. Also make sure that your picking-hand discipline is up to par where it should be (IE: not digging strings, economy picking, etc.).

Good luck on increasing your picking speed!!

Chris
Alternate pick, all the time. Even **** that you normally wouldn't alternate pick because it's slow or easy to play, do it anyway.

And then learn "technical difficulties" by racer x. Start slow, work it up.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
Quote by DeathMask
And then learn "technical difficulties" by racer x. Start slow, work it up.

Is it just me, or does the solo in that song sound exactly the same as Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb?
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Quote by seedmole
Is it just me, or does the solo in that song sound exactly the same as Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb?

Well i wouldnt say the solo sounds exactly the same, because clearly Paul GIlbert and David Gilmour play nothing alike.... But yes the BACKING sounds borrowed from Comfortably numb.
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111
Well i wouldnt say the solo sounds exactly the same, because clearly Paul GIlbert and David Gilmour play nothing alike.... But yes the BACKING sounds borrowed from Comfortably numb.

You know what I mean...
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Quote by Chris Ferry
Yo Hardcore dude! My advice is to play through various scales and arpeggios using a metronome. Have goals for yourself and a structured system where you are periodically pushing yourself into % increases in your bpm (beat per minute) with the metronome. Also make sure that your picking-hand discipline is up to par where it should be (IE: not digging strings, economy picking, etc.).

Good luck on increasing your picking speed!!

Chris

Are you saying you shouldn't economy pick?