Ok so basically in this thread i want to ask you guys how one might be able to get in to the swing i writing more complex rhythms and timing, like switching times and thing of that sort that can spice up guitar playing and a song overall. Anyways any suggestions are greatly appreciated and i thank you in advanced for any help that you have to offer.
Roll a Dungeons and Dragons 20-sided dice (that you can get for a dollar) to determine the top number in the time signature. Then keep rolling it and writing new parts for a song with each new beats-in-a-measure you roll. Lots of fun!

Also, ALWAYS make sure you start by counting the beats out. It will help you not get lost like you can't imagine.
A very easy way to create great riffs in alternate time sigs is merely down to extension and abbreviation, add a little tail to the end of a riff to move it into 9/8 rather than 5/8 or something. Polyrhythmic ideas are where it gets very interesting.
Some simple things worth exploring don't necessarily involve a lot of complex
time signatures. You don't need to do that to get interesting rhythmic stuff, and
it can be in just straight 4/4 time.

For example, take a repeating group of 4 notes. As 16th notes, that can be a
bit dull as the timing is the same from beat to beat. But change it to triplets or
some other odd grouping, and it takes on much more interesting movement.
Conversely, you get the same effect from taking a group of 3 repeating notes and
make them 16th notes rather than a more obvious triplet grouping.

All kind of ideas like that can be used in just simple time sigs to create rhythmic
interest.
listen to "The Dance of Eternity" by Dream Theater. According to Wikipedia (because I don't know if it's true), the 6-minute song has 123 metric modulations, in other words, changes of time signatures.

you can also download the tab from UG, whoever wrote it, must be a genius.
peanuts and beers
Quote by imnobedhead
Roll a Dungeons and Dragons 20-sided dice (that you can get for a dollar) to determine the top number in the time signature. Then keep rolling it and writing new parts for a song with each new beats-in-a-measure you roll. Lots of fun!

Also, ALWAYS make sure you start by counting the beats out. It will help you not get lost like you can't imagine.

Dude. Dude. That is a Fucking sick idea! I'm so doing that!