So as I was cruising round the Net, I came across a rather strange Art-rock outfit called The Residents. I've search bar'd, Google'd and Wikipedia'd, but most of what I've come up with has been, well, made up!

I'll explain. It seems they were formed in the mid-sixties, have released over sixty albums, can't play their instruments, and are only seen wearing tuxedo's, top hats, and giant eyeball masks/heads.

The little info given is from The Cryptic Corporation, a group of the bands friends, rumoured to be the band themselves. There's not much solid info out there, but it seems thr band are still going.

No-one really knows who they are, where they come from (supposedly Shreveport, Louisianna), or what they look like.

If anyone has any good info, I'd really appreciate it!
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Mar 26, 2008,
checked out a myspace page on them...the music is...weird...
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Yeah, I read somewhere they don't think of themselves as musicians or a band, just artists experimenting. They keep themselves obscure so no one expects anything of them. I'm just curious is all.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Mar 26, 2008,
The Residents are pretty sweet, I enjoy their music. As weird as it is...
Only have the 'God in 3 persons' record but do enjoy it.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
*bump*

I really enjoy the Residents. Their music is good, kinda like a bulldog is so ugly, it's cute.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
I heard about them yesterday from the poster above and I think they're excellent. Not classic rock though.
^ I don't even think the term "rock" applies to them. Just wispy, out-of-tune synth sounds over strange nasally vocals. Avant-Garde Electronica, maybe?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Are they the ones who sing "Alex Chilton"? If so, I LOVE THAT BAND!!!
HARE KRISHNA!