thought this would be a good idea if it works.
a thread where people request settings for the Boss GT8 to sound like certain people and what not, or you can just post a cool effect setting you found or something.
rules
-your setting must contain a list of every effect used and the parameters they are set to
eg
setting: foo fighters
preamp: single, R-FIER Mdn2, bass 65, mid 55, treble 60. presence 45, level 60
reverb: hall 1, 2.4 sec, high cut 8.0khz, density 4, fx lvl 30
or whatever

-try and post patches that are programmed for headphone jack, so it sounds the same to everyone, then people can tweak the patches to fit their individual rigs (obviously there will be some variation between amp brands and tube/SS etc)
-no flaming/ "gt8s suk ballz get a dean razorback 4 br00tal shred"

EDIT: you can post patches that are used through amps not on clean channels but make sure u mention it so that users can compensate
eg
"for the foo fighters patch i run it through a marshall mg (for arguments sake) with the OD channel with the gain on 3" (or whatever)

ARTIST PATCHES:

RHCP/John Frusciante tone:
FX Chain: wah, FX1, od, RV, PRE, NS, FV, dd, ce, DGT (others not used)
Preamp: mode-D-mono,
Channel A: type-MS1959(1), gain-10, bass-50, mid-50, treble-55, pres-0
level-70, gainsw-middle, speaker-ORIGINAL
Channel B: type-Tweed, gain-20, bass-50, mid-50, treb-50, pres-50, level 70, bright-off, gainsw-middle, speaker-ORIGINAL
OD: type- muff fuzz, gain-50, level-50
RV: type-hall2, time-2.5s, high cut-8.00khz, density-3, level-20
wah: crybaby
fx1: advance compressor, type-ORANGE, sustain-60, attack-70, level-45
I set CTRL pedal to toggle MANUAL mode and from there i can turn on OD, delay etc.
set delay as per song eg used lots on "Don't forget me" with short delay time and high feedback
CE: used for outro of "under the bridge" mode-mono, rate-40, depth-50, pre-delay-4ms, level-50
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Mar 29, 2008,
Are there any?
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
The thing is, a lot of GT-8 users use different rigs. If you're demanding patches that run straight into a clean amp... I doubt you'll get a lot of responses. When I get my GT-8 back either today or tomorrow I'll share some patches. I use headphones or go direct into a PA though. O.o
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by druz15_UG
^^^ no YOU fail, i realise there are settings if you use the almighty "searchbar" but this is intended as more of a "tab request" style thread, where if you can't get a good sound for an artist or whatnot, someone more experienced at using the processor can work one out for you.

so...
go ask in the GT-8 thread maybe?
Use some logic. you dont need a new thread for this.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I like the idea of this thread.

If you go to GT central you'll see 5 forums there. One is a patch forum. The ultimate GT-8 thread pretty much covers all 5 forums... but if someone just wants to sift through patches, they don't want to be going through 3 pages just to find one patch.

Please delete the posts that are spam to this topic. It'll keep things more organized.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220

I like the idea of this thread.

If you go to GT central you'll see 5 forums there. One is a patch forum. The ultimate GT-8 thread pretty much covers all 5 forums... but if someone just wants to sift through patches, they don't want to be going through 3 pages just to find one patch.

Please delete the posts that are spam to this topic. It'll keep things more organized.

thank you, someone who gets the point of this thread.
yeah if everyone deletes any off-topic posts (ie not sharing a patch, or requesting a patch, or advice for the thread like sg-rocker) it will help clear up the first page a lot. I will delete this one too, just posting to let everyone know.

I will possibly post up some more patches in my first post tommorow if i have time, it takes a while for the larger patches to scroll through all the settings. Any requests? I have a decent foo fighters one which i might stick up, that 1st one was an example.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Last edited by druz15_UG at Mar 27, 2008,
Quote by kool98769
so...
go ask in the GT-8 thread maybe?
Use some logic. you dont need a new thread for this.
Maybe you could just go away.
I'm in need of a nice Mid-High gain patch that I can use as a modern rockish lead. I'd really like one with the Soldano amp sim, I absolutely love the SLO sim.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Quote by sg-rocker173
The thing is, a lot of GT-8 users use different rigs. If you're demanding patches that run straight into a clean amp... I doubt you'll get a lot of responses. When I get my GT-8 back either today or tomorrow I'll share some patches. I use headphones or go direct into a PA though. O.o

highly correct

i give this thread a fail rating of 9/10
Quote by sg-rocker173
I'm in need of a nice Mid-High gain patch that I can use as a modern rockish lead. I'd really like one with the Soldano amp sim, I absolutely love the SLO sim.

i whipped one up that might need a bit of tweaking
amp type: d-mono
amp a: SLDN, gain-80, bass-55, mid-60, treb-65, pres-50, level-50, speaker type-8x12
amp b: Heavy Lead, gain-70, bass-70, mid-60, treb-55, pres-100, level-50, spkr type-4x12
reverb: modulate, 2.8s, hi cut- 4.00khz, density-8, level-40
delay added for taste
CE: mono, rate-40, depth-50, locut-110hz, hicut-4khz, level-30
crybaby wah
fx1: flanger, set to "hi BAND FL" effect level-20, direct level-50

btw, I'll stick any "artist patches" in the first post
Quote by druz15_UG
requesting a good Slash (mostly Velvet Revolver era) patch i can't seem to get an accurate sounding slash tone from the marshall 1959 sims

Try using the Ms HiGAIN (JCM800) or the Power Stack model. I believe the Power Stack is modelled after a Silver Jubilee.

Actually, use whichever amp sim gets you the closest tone without any other FX on. Then add your other FX after.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

^^^
thanks il try work something up with one of those models. strangely enough, i got a really good slash sound with the vintage 2 rectifier channel, but the patch got accidentaly wiped.

EDIT: i there any way, as TS, that i can delete or get rid of unwanted comments that are filling up the 1st page (eg the two by kool98769 which are clearly just trying to be cool/funny and fail miserably, and in no way pertain to helping this thread work)
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Last edited by druz15_UG at Mar 29, 2008,
hey i've just bought this unit and im havin trouble getting the sounds i want.
i would like to have some help with getting sounds from these type artists:
metallica(master of puppets, metallica, load, reload), linkin park, ac/dc.
i would also like to have some help with getting clean and acoustic sounds.
if anyone can help me, it would be most appreciated.
thanks.
^^^ Hey man I've got a few metallica style patches I'll whip something up for you later today

EDIT: okay dude try something with one of the Mesa Boogie RECT Modern 2 voicing amp sim with gain at 100, bass and treble at 65, mid at 40, level and presence both 50.
Throw in a bit of crybaby wah, add a dash of hall2 reverb and your set. Add other effects for taste. This will work best with a humbucking guitar, also you might want compression to tighten up the rhythm and maybe even scoop the mids a little bit more
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Last edited by druz15_UG at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by sg-rocker173

I was thinking of buying one to use with headphones as a versatile practice set up how does it sound?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
I was thinking of buying one to use with headphones as a versatile practice set up how does it sound?

To be honest, i would get a cheap computer hookup ($50) and 'obtain' guitar rig 3. Sounds much better than any pedal modeller can, that is if you only intend to use it for your bedroom.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
To be honest, i would get a cheap computer hookup ($50) and 'obtain' guitar rig 3. Sounds much better than any pedal modeller can, that is if you only intend to use it for your bedroom.

hmmm my computer sound card is pretty crappy though its onboard so i doubt it would sound good. maybe a line 6 toneport?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube