I was thinking of buying a Gibson Les Paul in the next year or two as a worthy companion to my Deluxe Strat. But for £1.5k kinda money I thought I'd look at PRS - especially the SC245. What in UG's opinion is the better guitar?

Other LP type suggestions welcome also (4 knob layout, no trem, mahogany body preferably with maple top, 2 buckers).
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
ESP Eclipses / Edwards Copies , Tokai ?

I believe they are cheaper than Gibsons. Should be just as good.
we must become the change we want to see.
In my opinion PRS overrules Gibson in almost every single way (if you look in the same price-range :P... not a PRS SE with a Gibson LP goldtop of course)
Esp Eclipses are better than real LP's, tried one today! I'm going to buy one... They're cheaper than Gibson's.

*edit: But sooo much better built and they play like a dream.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I would look at getting a custom guitar if you're willing to spend that much money.

Quote by maggot2011
You can try an Agile LP copy. rondomusic.net

Except that he lives in the UK...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Out_Of_Exile
ESP Eclipses / Edwards Copies , Tokai ?

I believe they are cheaper than Gibsons. Should be just as good.

+1, in my opinion.

Quote by FacingUsAll
I would look at getting a custom guitar if you're willing to spend that much money.

also +1.

I'd personally either get a quality japanese copy for around the £500, or else contact someone like legra to get a custom if you're willing to go over £1k.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you mean like this: www.legraguitars.co.uk ?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go with an ESP, Agile, or some other high-quality knock off. Get one of the, if not the highest model of that guitar available (spend less that 1K though). Then if you're not happy with the electronics switch them out for Gibson Burstbucker Pros or maybe a Dirty Fingers bridge.

A friend of mine has an Epiphone Korina SG that he recently outfitted with a Burstbucker pro in the neck and a dirtyfingers bridge... It's along, if not that absolute, best sounding guitar I've ever played.
+1 for the ESP. I think the EC-400VF is an excellent value and high quality guitar. If you want 24 frets then go for EC-1000 it's even better!!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Only Gibson and Epiphone make Les Pauls good. Any other company who copies them or makes them, sucks.
Quote by ironman1478
the esp eclipse series gutiars. they are beastly and this is coming from an esp hater

I can't see why anyone would hate ESP? The Eclipse is a ****ing awesome guitar!
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.