Do you think that this will give me a John Mayer sound or should i just buy a Hot rod Deluxe. Also if there is an amp that would get closer to his tone, please suggest it. It can be a 800-850$ but im going to try to get it on ebay for cheaper. Thanks!
i would go with the hot rod deluxe but the traynor is an amazing amp as well...hard to say
I'd get one of the smaller Traynors, you'll have a hard time cranking the 80 watter.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The only issue with the Traynor is that i can't find places that carry them so i can try it out. Guitar center doesn't have them.
Traynor have parallel EQ and a lot of function; Hot Rod Delux Does not, but my experience is that they sound the same. I think, however, it's better to just get a YCV40 or YCV50 Blue. If you live close to the border, hope up to Canada and try one in a Long & McQuade.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
i agree, 80 watts is simply too much for practical use, 5 watts in a tube amp i think if mic'd up could be used gigging, i don't think you need 80 watts, 40watts seems alot better and the overdrive on the Traynor is far too much i wouldn't use it too much, The clean when combined with a Barber Full Tone is devine.
oh and yeah i think with a bit of fiddling and some nice pedals it can give you John's tone, But john's tone i've found is quite generic, so i suppose most clean based amps like fenders could do it for you with enough fiddling
See if you can get a used Super Reverb Reissue for that much on eBay or Craigslist. That'll get you quite close. If not, a HRD will do nicely.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Any other amps that could get me that Mayer tone or would the Fender or the Traynor do it? Also what are places that i could try to demo the traynor?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, check their site for dealers.

What country are you in?

us
Quote by SRVStrat808
See if you can get a used Super Reverb Reissue for that much on eBay or Craigslist. That'll get you quite close. If not, a HRD will do nicely.

I didn't see to much about the super reverb on ebay. But i found like 6 deluxe reverb and twin reverbs on there for the 500-600$!! i think that will nail clapton/Mayer/SRV easy!!

Would it be a good idea to look into these?
You wouldn't be able to crank a twin at all so it will just be super clean. An amazing clean, yes, but no dirt at all. I would go with a Traynor YCV20WR. Small enough to crank pretty well and big enough to be clean at a band practice.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You wouldn't be able to crank a twin at all so it will just be super clean. An amazing clean, yes, but no dirt at all. I would go with a Traynor YCV20WR. Small enough to crank pretty well and big enough to be clean at a band practice.

Yea but i don't need the twin to have dirt because i have a ts808
Ehh... if you want mayer you're probably going to want a bit of dirt from the amp. Are you going to play with a band? If you're just alone, a Deluxe Reverb is probably perfect for you. Shimmery cleans and its small enough to crank up loud for some dirt. Then again, you will NOT be getting cleans at band practice with that amp.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by SRVStrat808
Ehh... if you want mayer you're probably going to want a bit of dirt from the amp. Are you going to play with a band? If you're just alone, a Deluxe Reverb is probably perfect for you. Shimmery cleans and its small enough to crank up loud for some dirt. Then again, you will NOT be getting cleans at band practice with that amp.

Ya thanks i think that the amp im going to get!

It can do Mayer and Clapton right?
With your TS808 and a strat? You'll be very happy.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
2 Fender Blues Juniors