okay I dont know if this is advanced or not but how do you all use your finger/thumb on the pick if possible maybe post a picture
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
You basically just want it so that the side of your thumb farthest from your fingers touches the string right after the pick hits it, creating the harmonic.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/pinch_harmonics.html that really helped me learn how to do them, and also look for some videos on youtube =].
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Wut I do is I take my thumb and forefinger and hold the pick inbetween the first knuckles on both of those and hold it very close to the tip. I sound the harmonic with the outside part of the knuckle on the thumb i'll post a pic if i remember.
errrr. if you don't hold you pick the normal way you have to do them a bit different,

i hold my pick with a straight thumb and two fingers, so i can't physically roll my thumb down like you're meant to, so i use my ring finger to get them instead. lay it just on the side of the pick. works just as well if not better. as long as you hit it with the pick them something else immediatly after you'll get one, doesn't really matter what you use.
focus less on the picking and more on just moving your thumb into the right position, which is a delicate little touch on the string with the side of your thumb. when i do pinch harmonics, i feel like i'm shoving my thumb into the strings
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
hi there,i find the best way to do it is to crank up your distortion and use the bridge pick up,also a sharp pointed pick makes it easier aswell.i normally pull my pick intowards myself and attack the string pretty hard with a dstroke ,when trying them try them at different points on the string until you find the sweet spot,what happens is that because your thumb is real tight to your pick,the thumb damps the string on the follow through after picking creating a harmonic.
Quote by glowskulls
errrr. if you don't hold you pick the normal way you have to do them a bit different,

i hold my pick with a straight thumb and two fingers, so i can't physically roll my thumb down like you're meant to, so i use my ring finger to get them instead. lay it just on the side of the pick. works just as well if not better. as long as you hit it with the pick them something else immediatly after you'll get one, doesn't really matter what you use.

thanks, i hold my pick the same way
nd i can do them everytime without fail doing it that way
Quote by im not mental
"knock knock"

"who's there?"

"you're outta tha band."
alright thx for the replys guys
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by vigenharutyunya
hmm anybody can pinch in upstrokes??
Haha cool right??

Yeah I learned that the same way I learned it normally off Wikipedia.