ok so im pretty good at guitar
ive been playin acoustic for a long time so my hands are fast and strong
now im switching to electric so i can jam with some friends
i dont want to spend much
i've done some reasearch and found these guitars are these any good?

Ibanez GSA60 Electric Guitar??

best squier by fender out there???

Ibanez GRX20 Electric Guitar??

Epiphone SG-Special Electric Guitar???

ANY OTHER???

AS you can see my price range is about 300$ and below
please any help would be appriciated.
depends on what you play. if you like blues and classic rock get a fender/squier. if your the metal sceneget the ibanez. if you like heavier rock almost metal get the epiphone
i dunno really kinda like rock....... like popular rock that you'd find a bunch of teenagers playing cover of...i guess kinda what your saying with the fender/squier...like im not gonna be playin any deathmetal or anything

understand?
Try everything at a guitar store
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
yeah i was thinkin that guitar..i saw it and was like wow that looks pretty sweet

but would it be acceptable to play ina band with?
whats the amp?..20 dollars seems kinda low, the amp's more important dude
i dunno i might buy the squier stop dreaming start playing affinty strat package

or the Squier by Fender Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar with Tortoise Shell Pickguard

is that any good?
Last edited by james9119 at Mar 26, 2008,
^ Comes with a crap amp, avoid it. You'd be better off getting the guitar, and then an amp like the Vox DA5, but you won't be able to jam with it...

If you want an amp that you can use in a band situation, you're going to have to save up some more money.
never played on a squier but ive been told to stay clear from squier starter packs (or any starter packs for that matter)..its best to split your budget on an amp and guitar
i say save up 100 more dollars and get a fender mim strat and buy the 20$ amp. Then start saving for a better amp.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
^^ Standard series Squiers come with Agathis bodies which is something you want to try and avoid if you can.

and

Like and said before, that $20 amp is going to be beyond terrible. If you want to put up with, it's your choice, but don't say nobody warned you.
I wouldn't recommend a package either. The Squier is a good starter guitar that can be mod'd later with better electronics. What kind of amp is the $20 amp?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-PAC112J-Electric-Guitar-511077-i1146648.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp-481169-i1175936.gc
The microcube's not loud enough if your 'jamming' with a drummer or guitarists with high wattage amps..so if your really wanna jam you should save up, otherwise IMO this combination is pretty decent for practice for just above 300 bucks

DUDE find out what the 20 dollar amp is first..the amp's more important, nope point buying a fender strat and playing on a 'below average' amp
Last edited by thebl@de at Mar 26, 2008,
ok well i'll buy the affinity strat is that ok?

and ill buy a nicer amp if my friends is crap

sound good to all of you?
i really think it be better to save up just a little bit more and get an mim fender but if u dont want to spend that much get the squire and the 20$ amp then see if u need a new amp.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by PissedOffGerman
look at these guitars

www.rondomusic.com

i have the douglas wrl 590 na and its pretty awesome

better than any other guitars at the same price?

or is it just a crappy learners guitar
well pretty much all the guitars u listed were leaner guitars. uhhh... u should check rondo music for agile they have a pretty good rep here.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i wouldn't know cause i havent played one but alot of people say there worth the money
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
they look alot like gibson's

they are pretty beautiful guitars i just dont know how they play
you might want to find some1 with an agile in there sig and just drop them a comment on ur profile abot it.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube