I am looking to purchase a randall amp now I understand some of them only have a tube preamp section and run a solid state power section but they use a valve dynamic type deal to give proper tube sound, can someone give me the skinny on these amps? and if I should buy one or not.
In order for evil to succeed, good men must do nothing...
They are pretty good but they still sound solid state. You will get a dimebag type of tone from them.
Ok well what kind of amp should I get I play lots of metal bands like Metallica, Mercenary, Firewind, Killswitch Engage, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Label Society, Megadeth, I also play harder rock such as Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Danko Jones, I also dive into lighter rock/folk Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young, Rush, bands like that as you can see I play a large variety and I also like some blue grass and funk, So I would like an amp with really excellent cleans and also have that destructive heavy tone. My budget I would like to be is around 600.00 CANADIAN and I am not oppossed to buying used if I can find it. And dont bother recommending a 5150 because they go for about 800 used up here...
In order for evil to succeed, good men must do nothing...