Ok, so I have a boost pedal that got kind of screwed up and now works as an overdrive pedal. It sounds really nice, but the knob on it controls volume. Is there a way to make the knob control overdrive level, or treble or something?
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Its a confidence booster kit.
I think its the fact that its plugged into a power jack instead of a battery.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
i dont think a DC input would cause it to work as an overdrive pedal, although it could create a lot of noise if you dont have a good adapter. or maybe i didnt understand correctly?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I'm pretty sure thats it, thats the only thing I changed. Before it was working fine w/ a battery and once I put on a jack instead it started being kind of broken up and distorted.
hmm well is the adapter you are using rated at 9 volts, and maybe,i guess, 300 mah max? because i could imagine that pretty much frying resistors or other things on your circuit if not. or maybe you're getting so much noise through your adapter that it is causing this 'distortion' . go back and check all grounding, and check to see if you have any cold solder joints. but this is strange to me. but if its not a circuit designed for this noise, chances are, i cant help you without knowing what the circuit actually is for, and the parts involved/chematic. it'd be easier just to build a distortion/OD pedal and make it sound really nice. or use what you got!

thats just my thoughts. best of luck though mate.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Thanks for the help man

Strangely enough it doesn't look like it'll be much of a problem anymore. Theres a guy at my school who's interested in it an is buying it from me for 20 bucks tomorrow.