Is it ok to bring 2 guitars for your lessons along with your practice?

Because I'm most definelty getting a standard Sg soon and I still want to use my cort g260.

I'll be using the cort for clean songs such as dead or alive by Bon Jovi and then tribute by ten D.

then I'll use my sg for dirty songs that needs a little distortion so I was wondering if thats ok to bring 2 of them to my lesions and practice?
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
It would be a bit annoying to always be switching between them during lessons, but whatever floats your boat.
Aboard an old pirate ship made of wet souls..

We plunder and pillage from north to south poles..

We only steal metal like guns, tanks, and toasters..

We melt it all down and we make rollercoasters.
i wouldnt bring two to lessons, i dont see the point...practice yeah
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
It's a lesson, not a gig. Unless you are unable to learn certain skills on one vs the other, I'd say leave one at home.
Thanks guys and plus he has a massive pedal board anyhoo.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
I use two for practice, there's nothing wrong with it. I keep one in standard and the other a 1/2 step down.
Quote by CortFan1
Thanks guys and plus he has a massive pedal board anyhoo.

well if you are referring to your instructor, he probably has a number of students, and may need to have a variety of tones at his disposal depending on genres a student may be interested in, and if he's there for for a number of hrs it's nice to have a little variety (believe me, I know, I bring my tonelab when I teach. most teaching studios have horrible little practice combos and you need anything you can bring to make them sound better). where as you are only there for your half hr/hr lesson.
Ok thanks everyone. I think I'll still bring 1 guitar and just switch off and on.

By the way it may be a flying V and not a standard SG,

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
I sometimes bring two guitars, but they are nothing alike... one is my acoustic for rhythm stuff that's hard to play lead on, and the other is a custom electric with EMG's and very low action that sounds bad if I strum rhythm stuff on. But, I'm halfway friends with my instructor and a 1.5 hour lesson is not uncommon. Sometimes I'll do something like play Pantera on the electric for an hour then ask him to show me some bluegrass. If my lesson was only half an hour long and I was playing rock with an electric, it would be dumb, wasteful, and annoying to bring two guitars of the same tuning in.
Last edited by corndogggy at Mar 27, 2008,
just use the sg for cleans too
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Sounds like you would just be trying to show off your new gear. Bring one.
Quote by Grown
I do ineed like to show off the new gear, and whats wrong with that?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by CortFan1
I do ineed like to show off the new gear, and whats wrong with that?

You're going out of the way to do it. Just bring a guitar and play.
you only need one for practice, sometimes it's helpful to have two if you're gigging for large tuning differences in songs.
Only bring both to band practice if you're planning on putting them in vastly different tunings.

Bringing two guitars to guitar lessons is right out.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Grown

To be honest it sounds like that's also the point in this thread.

Quote by CortFan1
By the way it may be a flying V and not a standard SG,

Doesn't really make a difference, it's still a second guitar (unless it's an imaginary guitar in which case I don't think your teacher will mind too much, just make sure you bring the Cort as backup).

Basically, bring the guitar that's most appropriate for your next lesson. If you know you're going to be playing along to some SRV, down tune it half a step before the lesson. If you're going to be doing crazy stuff with the whammy bar, take a guitar with a whammy bar. If you're learning air guitar, take your imaginary one.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Just bring one. Bringing 2 is just a waste of time and effort. If you're practicing for a gig, then sure bring 2 or 3 or 5 or 10 or whatever. But for lessons, one will suffice.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.