Page 1 of 2
does anyone know if this guitar is worth 100$

cause my friend is sellin it in almost mint condition for that much and i dunno weather to buy it or not

see my other thread about me buyin a new electric
I'd say no but thats me.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
if it's the First Act that came with the Volkswagons then yea it should be worth the money, hell it should be a steal. (don't tell him that though )

EDIT: it's 100 bucks for a custom First Act.....i've played custom First Act's before and i can assure you it's worth it.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Hahaha, thats awesome that someone is selling one of those.

Alot of guitarist use first acts now. I know one of the dudes from Ministry does. Matt from High on Fire... Bill from Mastodon has one of the ones like Matt too.

They can't be as crappy as everyone claims.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
ok any other suggestions insteadof it?

as of right now im leaning to the squier affinity
Quote by nebiru

Alot of guitarist use first acts now. I know one of the dudes from Ministry does. Matt from High on Fire... Bill from Mastodon has one of the ones like Matt too.

actually Brent uses them not Bill, because he has a sig with them.
That car is also an amp right?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
only if the car comes with it
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by G-man05
actually Brent uses them not Bill, because he has a sig with them.

Ah, my mistake. I thought it may have been Brent but I wasn't sure. Either way.. Brent is better than Bill anyway.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
*squire not squier. Anyway....the squire affinity or the guitar/amp packs that epiphone is selling.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by nebiru
Ah, my mistake. I thought it may have been Brent but I wasn't sure. Either way.. Brent is better than Bill anyway.

Yeah, and his sig looks pretty sweet, not as sweet as his silver and black Gibson flying V though.

Oh and to the TS, I would try it out and see if I liked it, and if I did I would definetly buy it.
ok im gonna get the affinity

the FIrst act is not nice like all the custom ones the make

so im going with the affinity strat

thanks for the help
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
*squire not squier. Anyway....the squire affinity or the guitar/amp packs that epiphone is selling.

Could you fail any harder? Maybe if you tried?

It's Squier. And the first act is DEFINITELY worth more than a hundred bucks, as it's not one of their Wal-Mart series.
yeah danno13 is right it is squier not squire
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
First Act Custom shop guitars are amazing guitars

First Act Guitars you find at Wallmart are crap.

if it's the guitar that came with the Volkswagon then i'm pretty sure it's one of the custom shop ones, and in that case buy it.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
ACTUALLY the first act guitar that come with volkwagons are CUSTOM guitars. Worth alot more than 100 but don let him know that.
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Yeah I'd get it if I was offered one for £50.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
tommorow im goin over to his house to test it out plugged into the car cause he has no amp therefore i havent been able to play in plugged in/tuned yet
This thread is weird...

First you ask for an estimate, and everybody says they're teh suck. Then you ask for some more, and other people start saying they're pretty good. Then, after (supposedly) reading some of the positive opinions, you start getting thrown off, but ask for more. More and more people say they're pretty good, and this makes you ditch the idea completely?

Seriously, WTF all over the place.

Anyways, since the guy is your friend, shouldn't he let you try it first? Do that, and then make up your mind.

edit: I see you're wisening up. When you're there, examine it closely. May I assume you have an eye for quality?

And yeah, Bassmastajazzyj, way to be Dan Quayle about it...
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by nebiru

And Brad Whitford, the rhythm guitarist for Aerosmith plays one too. Because First Act make begginer instruments, that's what people associate them with. Anyways, I'd still be ashamed having First Act written on my headstock.
I agree with whoever said First Act custom guitars being good. But First Act walmart guitars pretty much blow, and I think they're like $100 brand new anyway... at least here. If you're gonna go $100, I'd go buy a used one at GuitarCenter at the very least. You can get cheap used guitars at an okay price. If you can find a New York Pro, those are usually a budget guitar, and I really dig the sound.
No. First Acts suck. They are the cheapest guitar you can get. If you deside to buy it make sure he is selling it to you for $20.
this is not the same guitars offered in target and walmart. it is an actualy guitar that can go from anywhere from $150 on ebay - $350 at amazon.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/112_0703_first_act_vw_garagemaster_guitar

these are better than average starters and more than u'll get from any starter pack guitar.

Custom Garage Master series guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
dude... its a very good guitar and its easily worth the 100$. i would take it instantly. they only sell the crappy ones at wal-mart. it plays good, and it has cool effects built in with the pre-amp. i would personally replace the pickups though.
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
i played the one you're talking about. its really good compared to a affinty squire
its not the same one you can buy at walmart
and just because a company sells its lower end models at stores like that doesn't make them bad
fender sells the starcasters at toys r us and they make fantastic guitars
get the first act
Saw one of these go from 100 dollars opening to 500 at a small local guitar auction - they are rising in value as a collectible very quickly. There was one other guitar that First Act made with the same features as the Garagemaster (that came with the VW's) and it was the VE591 which sold at $599.99USD, and is now discontinued.

The Garagemaster and VE591 have on-board V-Stack Amp Modeling, very decent vintage-voiced Alnico V humbuckers, and fantastic playability. I played one of them that a mate has, and it is really a fantastic guitar - will not sound *great* played through the car, because you have to have the guitar volume turned to 10, and the car stereo cranked up - but it sounds fantastic through a real amp. The V-Stack on-board preamp is powered by a 9v in a compartment on the back of the guitar - you may need to make sure there's a fresh 9v in there, or you won't get shite out of it playing through the car. Also, there are three slider switches on the guitar to select different voicings. More information can be found on First Act's website.

Also, I have played several higher end first act guitars. The ones from about 399 up are actually decent guitars, the customs being nothing short of fantastic, quality-wise. If your mate is going to sell you this guitar for $100, and you do not take it, you are a moron. If for no other reason than they are becoming VERY collectible and harder to find. The price on them is certainly going way up. A hundred bucks is a freakin steal. If you don't buy it, send me his contact info, I'll buy it right up.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by TheQuailman
Don't go for it. You can get far better name brand gear for only slightly more money.

WHAT!? I would love to see where you can get a better guitar for $100.
Last edited by Mr. Plos at Apr 24, 2010,
ITT: MANY ignorant, stupid people that have NEVER played this guitar, or any better first-act guitar trashing on it because they saw a beginner First-Act in Wal-Mart.

Also ITT: A FEW people that have had experience with this guitar, trying to steer TS in the right direction.

LIKE, ZOMG! It says first act, I have seen that at Wal-Mart, I must immediately jump on the imaginary FA-Is-cRAP bandwagon. DERP DERP.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by w0lf19
ITT: MANY ignorant, stupid people that have NEVER played this guitar, or any better first-act guitar trashing on it because they saw a beginner First-Act in Wal-Mart.

Also ITT: A FEW people that have had experience with this guitar, trying to steer TS in the right direction.

LIKE, ZOMG! It says first act, I have seen that at Wal-Mart, I must immediately jump on the imaginary FA-Is-cRAP bandwagon. DERP DERP.

you have no idea who you're talking to,

or the fact that this is A Two Year Old Thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Apr 24, 2010,
Actually it's the VW promo model and it's a pretty good guitar. I got to try it when the were promoting it at the First Act custom shop/store I liked it. Since I have tried several used ones and they have a decent feel and a good sound for the money I haven't got one yet but if one falls in my lap I would take it. First Act actually makes some really nice guitars and their custom shop models are amazing. The problem is with most peoples experience with First Acts is the Wal*Mart and Target ones they sell but those are not really a good representation of their other guitars. I have played some amazing First Acts. I love stopping in their custom shop/store in Boston.

First Act VW Promos usually go for $150.00 used at most shops. $100.00 is not a bad price.

John
OH MY GOSH MASSIVE NECROBUMP

*reported*
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Page 1 of 2