I couldnt get the search bar to work so I will just ask

I an in need of a new amp. I currently have a squire 15w and I really hate it.

Now my price range is between $50-200. I dont play in a band, so huge amounts of power isnt necessary. I am looking for around 30 watts of power. I mainly play stuff like avenged sevenfold, silverstein, bullet for my valentine, darkest hour, atreyu, etc. Please dont flame me on what I listen too, I just need some advice on an amp. MY bass is a Newly purchased Epiphone Thunderbird.

Thanks guys all advice welcome.

Peace.
i have a Traynor Bass Mate and it's 25 watts. it cost me $115 canadian at long and McQuade around a year ago so the price probably went down a bit.
it's pretty good for the price and is definetly loud enough for not playing in a band. i just use it to play in my room and i have the volume on 1
i wrote a review on it if you want to check it out
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Ahhh another thunderbirdian sweet.... I'd go with a Marshall MB 30 $200 and 30 watts.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
Ahhh another thunderbirdian sweet.... I'd go with a Marshall MB 30 $200 and 30 watts.

I really wouldn'tm seriously. Look at Ashdown, Laney, Orange, Hartke and Warwick.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Ashdown John Entwhistle 5 15. 100 watts, will be about 200 dollars.

Or go Laney. They do good 60wattish combos for about 120 dollars
If you guys wouldnt mind could you maybe give me some websites, I wont have time to check any local places for about a week or two.

Thanks and more advice is always welcome.

Edit: I checked guitar centers website and found a behringer amp with 100w for around $180 would you recomend?
Last edited by 2+2=22 at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by 2+2=22
If you guys wouldnt mind could you maybe give me some websites, I wont have time to check any local places for about a week or two.

Thanks and more advice is always welcome.

Edit: I checked guitar centers website and found a behringer amp with 100w for around $180 would you recomend?

Behringer aren't known for making the best, high quality amps. Even though you aren't in a band right now, why waste your money on a small amp? Get a gig worthy amp, so just incase you come across some guys who want to play, you're capable of jamming.

Musiciansfriend.com
guitarcenter.com
samash.com
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
You never want to buy a Behringer. Crap quality, it's just a matter of luck wether or not you get one that works for more than just a few months.
I can recommend a Roland Cube 30 Bass. The COSM amp models are great and it sounds much bigger than 30 watts, I even use it for band practice and barely turn it up above half.
Quote by Hammerzeit
Or go Laney. They do good 60wattish combos for about 120 dollars

what?
with 120$ you buy the 15 or 30 watts
not sure but really dude?
60watts for 120$ where is that?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400