Is it really worth my while buying a mic that plugs directly into my USB? I need a nice little set up for recording accoustic instruments (guitar, piano, xylophone few other little ones) How would i go about this? if i wasn't stop buy an USB mic? Like what do i need and so forth?

like for me recording music into my pc to later be arranged what set up would you recomend? I need something cheap and cheerful, like 200 euro.
toneport ux1 is easy to use and give pretty decent results for the price

edit: but you'll need to buy a mic(any will do)
****ing hell! thats amazing value, thank you very much young sir
Quote by Tuxy
Is it really worth my while buying a mic that plugs directly into my USB? I need a nice little set up for recording accoustic instruments (guitar, piano, xylophone few other little ones) How would i go about this? if i wasn't stop buy an USB mic? Like what do i need and so forth?

like for me recording music into my pc to later be arranged what set up would you recomend? I need something cheap and cheerful, like 200 euro.

you can also buy a microphone or soundhole pickup, and sent the 1/4" end into a 1/8" adapter ($3) and then plug that into the line in, on the computer.

record with AUDACITY, free program.

works fine, except for absolute basic computers.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i tried that, the mic i have needs a bit more power i think its called ghost power or something either way it wouldn't record very well
Quote by Tuxy
i tried that, the mic i have needs a bit more power i think its called ghost power or something either way it wouldn't record very well

Lol, you mean phantom power.
Quote by Tuxy

what type of mic? you can also, get a soundhole pup, plug into an amp and line out from the headphones, into the back of the computer.
usually you'll get a good sound out of a mic from the soundhole into the back of a computer.
depends on ur computer's soundcard tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah phantom power i knew it was some bloody thing thanks