Hey, so i'm thinking of getting a new AMP and the max price is something around 400$... The best one i have found so far is the Peavey Bandit 112, anyone know if its any good??
Mostly i play metal - stuff like Metallicas and some more extreme stuff... Mabye a bit of Death metal too. And i use a ZOOM G1X at the moment..
Thanks already:P !,,!
I would get a Half Stack. So like go to your local GC and try to find one because once you meet a Drummer your gonna wanna be able to jam, and with a little amp that wont happen.
For around 430 you can get a peavey valveking. All tube and should should much better than the bandit. The valveking will be plenty loud for jamming and gigging.
get the valveking my brother uses it with a metal muff and its insane
Gear
Schecter Omen-6
Line-6 Spyder 15w
Quote by TehPwn3r
I would get a Half Stack. So like go to your local GC and try to find one because once you meet a Drummer your gonna wanna be able to jam, and with a little amp that wont happen.

you can deafen both the drummer and yourself with a "tiny amp". amplification technology has gone a long way from the 60's when the maximum power handling capabilities of speakers were around 30 the watt range and stacks were needed. these days there are 300-400 watt 8" speakers which means that a 400 watt power amp built into a 8" speaker cabinet as a combo amp can be deafening. though the dumbass nostalgic guitar community is pretty slow to get it, its no wonder of science.
I know most people aren't real big into solid state, but I have a Crate Flexwave 120/212, and I really like it, with some tweaking you can get a rather nice sound out of it. I haven't gotten around to buying any pedals yet, so I've just been using the three channels on the amp itself, and both distortions are quite nice if you adjust them properly.
I have a Line 6 Spider III, 75 watt, and it was around $400. It's sh!t for playing live, because of the 4 different channels and different effects, but for an at home amp, it's awesome.

EDIT: and it has like 400 presets
RX Queen
Quote by enalsisiht
For around 430 you can get a peavey valveking. All tube and should should much better than the bandit. The valveking will be plenty loud for jamming and gigging.

You mean Peavey Valveking 112? Bet its nice, but that is 425 €, my max was around 400 $ not €:P
O I forgot, the Crate Flexwave 120/212, is right around 400 exactly at guitar center, I think they have it online for 399.99 American, so that fits your price range Ideally.
VK 112 is $399 here in Chicago new. I see them used on Craigslist and ebay for as low as 200 used. Don't get a SS amp, you will regret it down the road. At least I did. (So glad my ss amp was free, fell off a truck...)
Crate V30 watt 212 just dropped to $359 here as well...
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by TehPwn3r

No. You don't need a halfstack to be heard in the mix.
Quote by METALMOOKE
I know most people aren't real big into solid state, but I have a Crate Flexwave 120/212, and I really like it, with some tweaking you can get a rather nice sound out of it. I haven't gotten around to buying any pedals yet, so I've just been using the three channels on the amp itself, and both distortions are quite nice if you adjust them properly.

No. Crate SS halfstacks are terrible.
Quote by zepp_girl*
I have a Line 6 Spider III, 75 watt, and it was around $400. It's sh!t for playing live, because of the 4 different channels and different effects, but for an at home amp, it's awesome.

EDIT: and it has like 400 presets

No. The larger model Spiders are of terrible value.

Anyway, check out a Peavey Valveking, some people like it for metal.

Another choice would be a Roland Cube 60.

And if you can save up a bit more, look at a Randall RG50TC.
actually if u dont wanna gig.

Heh someone kill me but the spider 3 is a pretty good pratice amp.

Goddamn i feel weird.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu

Goddamn i feel weird.

Stop touching yourself and you won't... KIDDING!

I tried a valveking today and was surprised. I see them get ripped here and thought it wouldn't impress me. FOR THE MONEY, it did.
dont forget he play metal.

IMO valve king isnt for metal.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
well i'm gonna get boo'd for this but seriously if you have a zoom pedal board, get a fender blues junior. it is NOT by any means metal, but it is loud and has a clean that is GREAT for pedals. And if you decide you like blues, you are in luck