are there any power tubes that actually glow blue w/o being modified or having something happen to them (i already know that the gas inside the tubes can cause it)?

i always find the glow of tubes to be pretty appealing and was wanting to get one for the Blackheart if they come already like that.

not really a big deal and might sound like an akward question but i really would like to know.

thanx
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
you can get some with a blue coating, also there are a few types that glow blue/purple in normal operation but they are pretty rare.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
anyone know if you can use acrylic paint to coat the outside of the tube? or just regular glass paint? i imagine that would give the same effect.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i wouldn't pain something like that, do you know how hot those things get? the acrylic paint would melt off.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
lol, start playing GH?
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
they have "glow" tubes. just search.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
uh..... all tubes that ive ever had have had a blue glow to them. maybe yours are just done? i never understood why people are so amazed by it b/c i always thought it was signs of a normal properly working tube.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11
uh..... all tubes that ive ever had have had a blue glow to them. maybe yours are just done? i never understood why people are so amazed by it b/c i always thought it was signs of a normal properly working tube.

Well mine glow orange and they're fine.

Here TS: http://members.aol.com/larrysb/blue_glow.html - Have a read.
If you want some fancy lighting, just throw some stranded LEDs in your amp. Putting stuff on your power tubes is probably a bad idea. It would probably melt/burn off, and I could assume that it might interfere with the thermal dissipation on the glass causing uneven expansion and possible tube breakage. Some other lighting solution that runs off of DC would probably provide a more uniform distribution of light without too much EM interference.
i just think blue LED lights look pretty awesome when it's dark and also think the same w/ tubes that glow blue. it's nothing but an aesthetic thing that appeals to me.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i didn't even think about hte fact that tubes get hot enough to burn skin like a mofo.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
If there is ever a nuclear war, you can use your power tubes to heat your bomb shelter Well the heaters at least
the red LED light on the blackheart is sexy enough i just want the actual tubes to glow blue
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
are there any power tubes that actually glow blue w/o being modified or having something happen to them (i already know that the gas inside the tubes can cause it)?

i always find the glow of tubes to be pretty appealing and was wanting to get one for the Blackheart if they come already like that.

not really a big deal and might sound like an akward question but i really would like to know.

thanx

interesting....gas in a vaccuum tube eh?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
interesting....gas in a vaccuum tube eh?

Yes. It's not a perfect vacuum (nothing is).
i'm not claiming to be a tube genius but i know enough information to get me by. pretty much everything i've learned about guitar has come from personal experience and UG
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Roc8995
Yes. It's not a perfect vacuum (nothing is).

space?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I'm not sure they make a tube specifically to glow a certain color, but who knows. I wouldn't paint one, though. They need to be allowed to let off heat effectively or you're gonna really reduce tube life.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
My 5150's tubes glow blue and so do my friends Valveking.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

what is the specific power tube thatthey use vanquish? anyone know if those would fit in a Blackheart?

obviously i'm not gonna put some high gain 5150 tube in my blackheart just for a blue glow, but if there's a nice vintage 80s rock tube that glows blue then i'm goin for it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Waterboy799
space?

O.o

Are you kidding me? We are IN space. It CAN'T be a perfect vacuum.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by americablanco
lol, start playing GH?

What? I don't get it.

I was wondering this as well.
Quote by Firequacker
We are IN space. It CAN'T be a perfect vacuum.

Wrong. We aren't in space, we are in Earth's atmosphere, which protects us from space.
We would implode in the VACUUM of space and we wouldn't glow blue.

I can't wait to see what color my tubes glow when I get my amp!
Last edited by carpepax at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by Vanquish
My 5150's tubes glow blue and so do my friends Valveking.

Odd. Both mine and bartdevils glow orange.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by Waterboy799
space?

Not even space. There is about one atom per cubic centimeter in space, making it a very hard but not a perfect vacuum.
/thread derail
Quote by Roc8995
Not even space. There is about one atom per cubic centimeter in space, making it a very hard but not a perfect vacuum.
/thread derail

ah very cool
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by mike.h
Odd. Both mine and bartdevils glow orange.

You have JJ's.. I don't.. I don't think my friend does either.

Quote by slash_rocks2005
what is the specific power tube thatthey use vanquish? anyone know if those would fit in a Blackheart?

obviously i'm not gonna put some high gain 5150 tube in my blackheart just for a blue glow, but if there's a nice vintage 80s rock tube that glows blue then i'm goin for it.

My 5150 came with Groove Tubes so that's what I'm using at the moment.. I have no idea what my friend has though..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Ha, I cant look at mine, my Marshall is up against the wall with the screen on the back and the front is surely non transparent lol.

From what I've seen mine are orange.
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Dean ML Select
Customized Schecter Omen-6
Taylor 214e
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab
Cube 15
Vox Wah
Blues Driver BD-2

Quote by Chordzzz
can you fuсk it?

Quote by nebiru
Oh I will find a way.
My valvekings glow blue as well. First time i saw it i was like what the hell is that blue glow then i take a peek and sure nuff. Once you kick it off stand by and give it some juice boom instant blue glow.
Quote by Axecutioner
If you want some fancy lighting, just throw some stranded LEDs in your amp. Putting stuff on your power tubes is probably a bad idea. It would probably melt/burn off, and I could assume that it might interfere with the thermal dissipation on the glass causing uneven expansion and possible tube breakage. Some other lighting solution that runs off of DC would probably provide a more uniform distribution of light without too much EM interference.

+1

The Genz Benz El Diablo appears to have some bright tubes, look at one up close, there are like 5 LED's in there.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio