http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

I'm so pissed right now..... i got my first electric guitar and it was way out of tune..... so my dumbass goes in and tries to tune it. Now I just broke the second string on it because i made it too tight..... but my question is, it has like this thing that bolts to the neck of the guitar, I mean the string snapped at the top but there is still tension and i can play with it. theres 3 screws that hold the thing in place, am I supposed to loosen it before i tune? im a retard i know! now i gotta go buy new strings.
its got a locking nut for the whammy, u have to unscrew/loosen those BEFORE you tune
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
its got a locking nut for the whammy, u have to unscrew/loosen those BEFORE you tune

man I feel like a complete idiot right now.....
Another question.... do i have to change out all 6 strings when i restring it tonight or can i just change that one that snapped? and what can i do about the fret buzz on string 5 and 6?
you should change out all strings, its just better for the g-tar

you dont have to, but i suggest you do unless you cant at the time
and for fret buzz, there should be a bold on either side of the bridge, raise (turn counter clockwise) the side that is having the buzzing, should fix it up
haha thats what you get for an ibanez RG rgs suc*muffles hate for ibanez RGs*

um. u use the allen wrench to undo the screws near the headstock before you tune it. If i were you id do it two strigns at a time. Check the FR setup thread.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
change all the strings, but CHANGE ONLY ONE AT A TIME, and make sure the floyd is level, i have the same guitar, nice choice.
Quote by Chad11491
change all the strings, but CHANGE ONLY ONE AT A TIME, and make sure the floyd is level, i have the same guitar, nice choice.

Does the licensed FR stay in tune well? That's a sweet looking guitar. I'm looking into getting one but I'm leaning more towards the Edge PRO bridges.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by omghi2u
Does the licensed FR stay in tune well? That's a sweet looking guitar. I'm looking into getting one but I'm leaning more towards the Edge PRO bridges.

Licenced Floyds are OK, the go out of tune a little but maybe thats just because i dont know how to stretch the strings properly. Edge Pros are probably better, ZRs are the best. But the guitars that come with them arent.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by omghi2u

mine holds very very good tuning, and i've had it...i'd say....around a year and a half..maybe longer...so it's a safe bet, i love it, mine ended up being a solid 1 piece body, which i thought was weird in that price range, but i'm not complaining, if you go to get one, check the back and see if you can find one with a 1 piece body
Quote by Chad11491
mine holds very very good tuning, and i've had it...i'd say....around a year and a half..maybe longer...so it's a safe bet, i love it, mine ended up being a solid 1 piece body, which i thought was weird in that price range, but i'm not complaining, if you go to get one, check the back and see if you can find one with a 1 piece body

Do you use whammy? That what I was wondering.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by omghi2u
Do you use whammy? That what I was wondering.

yes, i don't rape it, but it gets regular abuse for vibrato and some divebombs
Quote by Fuzzbox91
Licenced Floyds are OK, the go out of tune a little but maybe thats just because i dont know how to stretch the strings properly. Edge Pros are probably better, ZRs are the best. But the guitars that come with them arent.

This is a common misconception, but the ZR is not better than the Edge Pro. In fact, it's made of cheaper metals, but with the design it doesn't matter as much (no knife edges to wear out etc.) The Edge Pro however, is better than the Jackson JT580, which is what is on your Dinky.

And I have a question threadstarter: if you don't even know what a locking trem is, why did you buy a guitar with one?
ahhh i remember my first floating trem guitar. i had almost been persuaded to piss on it and throw it out the window when i tried to tune it. It takes hours to tune if you have no idea how to do it and even now when i try to change tuning it takes a really long time. totally worth it though. Whammys are such a beautiful piece of work.