Ok, so, I have an off-brand guitar that I put an EMG-89 in the Neck and EMG-81 in the Bridge, and a Line 6 Spyder III 75 watt 1x12. The guitar doesn't have a tremolo, and it has 22 frets, but it stays in tune really well. I'm playing a shred/speed metal/heavy metal style. My band is getting offers for gigs around where we live, and I'm trying to figure out whether I need to get a new amp next, or a new guitar.
Amp
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Whyd you bother putting EMG's on a guitar that is played through an SS line 6?

get a Peavey VK, and you'll notice a much greater difference in tone. (in a good way!)
yee u want an amp thats much better than a spyder
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
You WANT an AMP... a real one, so that your EMGs can really roar.

As someone said already, Peavey Valve King is a very good way to go.
I know my lead guitarist in my band has a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo 50 head, and it sounds great, but I don't have $1300...my Line 6 sounds great for a $300 amp though...and also, if I get a new guitar, I'd probably put Dimarzio's in it.
Quote by I<3Pie
I know my lead guitarist in my band has a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo 50 head, and it sounds great, but I don't have $1300...my Line 6 sounds great for a $300 amp though...and also, if I get a new guitar, I'd probably put Dimarzio's in it.

you don't NEED $1300 to get a good sounding tube amp.

With $300 you could almost buy a Peavey VK 112 (VK new is $400 something) which is MUCH better than the amp you have now.

Go try it out and let your ears test it
ok, well, I was looking at the Peavey Valve King half stack...but I don't know if it has a direct out or not, because right now, for recording purposes, it's kind of important, it's not necessary, but I would like it. Musiciansfriend doesn't say wether it does or not, which makes me presume it doesn't.
Quote by I<3Pie
ok, well, I was looking at the Peavey Valve King half stack...but I don't know if it has a direct out or not, because right now, for recording purposes, it's kind of important, it's not necessary, but I would like it. Musiciansfriend doesn't say wether it does or not, which makes me presume it doesn't.

hmm.. I'm not sure, but I think tube amps dont have a direct out to record. Only SS amps do.
that Mesa has a "slave out" but I'm not sure what that means.
Ibanez...and Tama drums...are the coolest.