Hey, has anyone here been to that Power Chord Academy? I'm thinking about going next summer (since I can't afford it this year and next year's my last chance cuz I'll be 18), and I'm just wondering if anyone here has gone in the past. I also wanna know just exactly what it's like there, because I'm REALLY considering going next year to improve my guitar skills.
--[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/SquallLeonhart8/ESPEX50TestamentPracticeAlbumCustom.jpg[/img]--
Testament Practice What You Preach Edition ESP Explorer by me.
What do you think? PM me
Quote by johnny_tapia

crap, hate it when that happens. Thanks for pointing that out Now I feel stupid.
--[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/SquallLeonhart8/ESPEX50TestamentPracticeAlbumCustom.jpg[/img]--
What do you think? PM me
I don't think it will improve your guitar skills. I think PCA is meant to teach about the music business. You're probably better off spending that $5000 (or whatever it costs) on some new gear and starting a band.
I can't imagine you'd come out with a very original or interesting sound to your music somehow...
Quote by werty22
I don't think it will improve your guitar skills. I think PCA is meant to teach about the music business. You're probably better off spending that $5000 (or whatever it costs) on some new gear and starting a band.

$1795 this year

Yeah, after reading through the OTHER PCA thread, I can pretty much tell my guitar skills won't go up. BUT, I think I'll still give it a whirl next year since it's my last chance to go (as previously stated I'll be 18 next summer). I'm already sort of playing in a band right now anyway (well, if the youth group worship band counts), but that's on the drums and not guitar. I'm thinking though that this summer my friends Jesse, Zach, and I (the other 2 in the worship band) will start an actual band where I play guitar too. We'll just have to hunt down another drummer Then next summer I can go there and pretty much blow everyone else away because from what I've seen so far video-wise... I'm already better than what they have to offer. PLUS, I've got experience with making music videos from a class I took last year, so my video won't be so crappy, I can promise that. If you wanna take a peek at my video I made last year, here it is:

Note, it's Star Wars (and I'm the one in all black)
Skillet - Fingernails (Jedi Battle)
What do you think? PM me
You'd bee better off going to the national guitar workshop. You spend almost a whole week there with professional musicians and you get lessons, classes on theory, improv, all based on your skill level and style. Plus, there's usually a really cool guest artist. I know Greg Howe and Buckethead did a shows there a few years back.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!