Well I've recently composed two pieces. One for string orchestra the other for string quartet. I was just wondering if there was anywhere in the UK I could send them too, to have a chance of them being played. I really enjoy composing, and have had some really positive comments from people on ym compositions, so I think I might as well give it a try.
do you have amusic professor at your college or high school? i'd run it by them, and then ask where to send it to publish it... etc.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I really doubt it. Unless you have a degree or something, but if you did I'd assume you'd know where to find commissions and would not be advertising yourself on a tab site. You could always pay freelance musicians to play it for you?
Funky c, Funky do
How old are you? If you're under 18-22, there are A LOT of Scholarship contests, songwriting contests internationally. Definitely look those up. There is a bunch of "win nothing but recognition" type contests without age-limits for every conceivable genre of composition. Google and good luck.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by mh.666
Well I've recently composed two pieces. One for string orchestra the other for string quartet. I was just wondering if there was anywhere in the UK I could send them too, to have a chance of them being played. I really enjoy composing, and have had some really positive comments from people on ym compositions, so I think I might as well give it a try.

If you don't mind, I can bring them to my orchestra that I get together with here in the states on weekdays and record it for you and send you an .mp3?

I'm very interested in hearing and playing what other people send. Personally, I'm on the double bass, and we have access to but don't usually play with the symphony... usually it's constrained to just strings...

--Arojekt.