So, I went to the Musicians pro shop friday(closest decent shop to me)and they just got an Ibanez JS100 in. a couple weeks before that, my guitar teacher told me that they got one in. So, i went, and as soon as I played it i loved it. Lucky me, my mom brought a down payment(they have a 3 month thing, pay a third then u have 3 months to pay the rest of it off) and i brought it home. I looked on musicians friend, and figured out that it is a $933 guitar, and i got it for 400, for the whole thing, not the down payment. and lucky me(again,) they wont let you take it out of the door without a padded bag, which adds another $40, and they just got a Peavey hardshell case that fits it perfectly for $48!! so, i got an awesome deal for a little over $450! the approximate price for the guitar was actually like $425, so yeah. all because it was used, the case and the guitar, and not even a small scratch on either of them! just thought i'd let you in on that piece of info.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
So, I went to the Musicians pro shop friday(closest decent shop to me)and they just got an Ibanez JS100 in. a couple weeks before that, my guitar teacher told me that they got one in. So, i went, and as soon as I played it i loved it. Lucky me, my mom brought a down payment(they have a 3 month thing, pay a third then u have 3 months to pay the rest of it off) and i brought it home. I looked on musicians friend, and figured out that it is a $933 guitar, and i got it for 400, for the whole thing, not the down payment. and lucky me(again,) they wont let you take it out of the door without a padded bag, which adds another $40, and they just got a Peavey hardshell case that fits it perfectly for $48!! so, i got an awesome deal for a little over $450! the approximate price for the guitar was actually like $425, so yeah. all because it was used, the case and the guitar, and not even a small scratch on either of them! just thought i'd let you in on that piece of info.

$700 actually, but you managed to get a good deal. Enjoy...
Quote by T!AN
$700 actually, but you managed to get a good deal. Enjoy...

no, look: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JS100-Joe-Satriani-Model-Electric-Guitar?sku=519400 it says they sell it for 700, but the list price is 933.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Looks like a pretty nice guitar. I so seriously wish I had gotten a guitar with an FR, instead of my LP. Although, I do have a squier laying around...
<_<
>_>
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but...
it has an edge 3.
crappy wood
and crappy pickups.
you could have bought a jackson dinky for the same price and had a much better guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^ I was just wondering if it had an Edge III.... I assumed it didn't because of the price, but then I then I started remembering there was something holding it back from being awesome...
Quote by kool98769
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but...
it has an edge 3.
crappy wood
and crappy pickups.
you could have bought a jackson dinky for the same price and had a much better guitar.

no it plays awesome, and it's been used for about 4 months by the guy b4 me, and it still stays in tune. and the pups sound awesome, and i think basswood sounds good.
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Basswood is tonally neutral, therefore it doesn't influence the sound much.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
nice man. I love when that happens, 2 of my guitars were buys like that. I walked out with my Gibson for 950 just because it was the ebony version and it had a diny little scratch on the headstock. I got my Jackson on a clearence sale (originally 800) for 375. And thats my main ****ing guitar so it was a good buy.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
yea i got my 700$ jackson for 400
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Nothing ever sells for list price. It's there to make you feel like you got a good deal. Anyway if you like it - great! I love all the wood snobs here, basswood is fine considering the wood makes up like 5% of your "sound" at most... Pick ups and amp sir, pick ups and amp...
i got my 600$ jackson for 200!
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
nice guitar nice deal,i got a Rg 120 for 70$ im going to mod it up with good pups and termoil
Quote by gregs1020
Nothing ever sells for list price. It's there to make you feel like you got a good deal. Anyway if you like it - great! I love all the wood snobs here, basswood is fine considering the wood makes up like 5% of your "sound" at most... Pick ups and amp sir, pick ups and amp...

I hope you aren't talking about me. I think basswood is fine, but agathis, as well as nato and unspecified "tonewood" are just junk.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Angus_Junior35
no it plays awesome, and it's been used for about 4 months by the guy b4 me, and it still stays in tune. and the pups sound awesome, and i think basswood sounds good.

I'm not saying that basswood is bad, but you arent getting good wood for that money. theres extra buck on it just because it is a satch sig.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer