I just got my new guitar a couple of days ago so I don't have a tuner. So I was using the 5 fret method, and I was tightening my high E string, when it just snapped out of place. Now the end of it is bent. Can I still use that string, or should I use a new one?
If I understand you correctly, everything should be fine, however, you should buy new strings because new guitars need new strings as a general rule.
And a tuner.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Where did the string snap out of place? Near the bridge? Nut? And, just a suggestion, I would buy a tuner if I were you. They're only about $15 and they really make tuning a lot easier for a beginner. Plus, if you want to play with other people, you'll need to be in tune with them, too, not just yourself.
Quote by chayes
Where did the string snap out of place? Near the bridge? Nut? And, just a suggestion, I would buy a tuner if I were you. They're only about $15 and they really make tuning a lot easier for a beginner. Plus, if you want to play with other people, you'll need to be in tune with them, too, not just yourself.

Right beneath the pickups, where the string ends. Also, a little silver bead came out of place
Quote by dRummeR94
Right beneath the pickups, where the string ends. Also, a little silver bead came out of place

Yep you need new strings.
Buy a Tuner and some extra High E Stings, beginners always break high Es easliy. (like Me)
Quote by JessicaGonzo
beginners always break high Es easliy. (like Me)

The only string I ever broke was the A one.

Get a tuner, and maybe 2 packs of strings.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
yeahh buy a bunch of strings, at least some extra high e...cause we've all broken a lot of them in the beginning...i also used to break picks a lot haha wasnt very loose with the right hand
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
yeahh buy a bunch of strings, at least some extra high e...cause we've all broken a lot of them in the beginning...i also used to break picks a lot haha wasnt very loose with the right hand

I've never broken a string...
They sell 10-packs at places like Guitar Center, I keep those on hand because I play aggressively and break strings all the time. It's nice to have so when you need new strings they're there.
yeh sounds like you need new strings
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.