Hey guys. I have an Engl E530, a rocktron velocity 120 and a marshall 1922 cab, and my guitar is a Tokai Les Paul Custom. So, I want a hotter and fuller sound. I was thinking in a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster or a MXR micro amp. It would be the right choice?
cheers
Lo Mids 3 o'clok and Hi mids 3 o'clock. Getting a booster wouldn't help?
cheers
I suppose you could try active pickups, that'll give you a hotter sound. A nice OD pedal would do the trick too.
WTLTL 2011
A booster pedal will probably do the job, or some new higher output pickups will do it better.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I don't want to be the 'tube bore' here, but swapping for a differently-voiced power amp would save you money in the long run. The rocktron is perhaps a bit too transparent, you want something with a more warmth and girth (valve-powered or otherwise).
If not, a decent overdrive would work at least as well as that Seynour Duncan pedal. Don't forget to raise your pickups/polepieces a little if you haven't covered that already.

Quote by uvq
getting a gibson Les Paul would give you a hotter sound.
Worst advice in the history of the universe. How? Frankly I'd rather have a Tokai than a Gibby Standard, any day.
Try raising your pickups a bit. It can do wonders, trust me.

Quote by uvq
getting a gibson Les Paul would give you a hotter sound.

Tokai makes some of the best LP clones on the market, often with features that Gibson stopped offering long ago on account of the cost (such as the long tenon necks). There are plenty of people who will claim that Tokai does a better job of making LP's than Gibson.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
^True, but they come with PAF clones, which aren't really hot pickups.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30