so theres this kid whos redicoulously rich and he was talking to me about guitars and stuff. Hes like "so yea i have a muddy waters tele and i love it, i got a 62 (probably reissue) strat last year but i dont play it any more and i think im gonna give it away to you" then he went on to talk about how it was just like Jimi Hendrixs and stuff like that. Im kinda thinking hes just making it up. But if its true and he does give it to me thatd be ****ing sweet!!! ive wanted a strat for clean tones for a while. i just dont feel like spending another grand on a guitar because i have 3 already. im not gonna get my hopes up but holy **** thatd be awesome if it were true.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Sounds like an opportunity for some no-shame brown nosing, rofl...

If you do end up with guitar, you'd better replace your amp to give it the chance to really sing.
Quote by T!AN
Sounds like an opportunity for some no-shame brown nosing, rofl...

If you do end up with guitar, you'd better replace your amp to give it the chance to really sing.

yea i am eventually going to get an ENGL or a Peavey but for now its a good enough amp.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by hminh87
Don't be so happy. It might be a cheap strat copy with little value.

Free is free. I was given a Peavey Bass Amp. Bot worth more than about $150, but hey, I'm not going to say no
Quote by hminh87
Don't be so happy. It might be a cheap strat copy with little value.

ive never seen it so i dont know. he said it was a fender vintage 62 or something. I kinda hope its a mexi reissue or an american so i can take it places and not have it stolen. But again like CJrocker said, free is free. hell he was probably just bull****ting anyway.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by CJRocker
Free is free. I was given a Peavey Bass Amp. Bot worth more than about $150, but hey, I'm not going to say no

I'm being given a Yamaha bass guitar and like you say, free is free.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I got a Ibanez GRX40 free
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Talk is cheap, tell him you want to borrow it to try it out. See if he lets you keep it at your place, go from there.
Quote by gregs1020
Talk is cheap, tell him you want to borrow it to try it out. See if he lets you keep it at your place, go from there.

idk i dont want to be too demanding he is offering it up for free.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
If it was just like Hendrix's it would be a post CBS era reissue....

But yeah, free is free.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself