All i seem to hear is distorted crap with a guy shouting words that nobody can make out...What is the one metal song that does it justice and people could say its not all bad..
Damien Rice === Legend
Any fool can despise what he does not understand.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Because of your avatar I can make the assumption you've never actually taken the time to listen to any metal.

On the other hand.....if you want some metal non-metal people can listen to, search Opeth. And don't exit the internet at the first 'shouting word'. Listen to an entire song.
I'm gonna go ahead and say you should actually listen to some metal instead of putting some on and going OMGZ LOLZ THIS IT JUST NOIZE!!!!!!!
Silly TS is silly.
So, Metal that is bearable to a non-metalhead? British Steel-Screaming for Vengeance-Era Judas Priest?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 26, 2008,
Dream Theater
Sonata Arctica
Symphony X
Avantasia

You're an idiot and an ignoramus. Get out of this forum.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Go back to beginning, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Preist. They have most likely inspired groups of today like Opeth or Cannibal Corpse. With any genre, you're gonna find something you like and dislike.

Power Metal, like Symphony X has melodic vocals. Try that.
Nah, that screaming pish isn't REAL metal, you want some Iron maiden, Metallica, deep purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath.
Quote by jimRH7
Nah, that screaming pish isn't REAL metal, you want some Iron maiden, Metallica, deep purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath.

FUCK OFF.

Jesus, one thing I hate is close-mindedness. Someone needs to sig this so that your credibility never recovers from the sheer mind-numbing stupidity of your post.
+1 to Metallica
Most metal though I cant say I like. If there isn't much screaming and it just isn't million note per second shred, I can usually bear it.
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
Quote by jimRH7

So, deep purple and rainbow are metal.......
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Screaming =\= Growling.

Clueless bastards at my college say I listen to 'screamo music'. It makes me want to gouge out my own eyes with a chopstick.
Anyone who makes a reply in this thread should stop now, really. You'll either look like an over-defensive Jackass or a complete pleb.

I dropped several IQ points just posting this.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by oneblackened
Silly TS is silly.
So, Metal that is bearable to a non-metalhead? British Steel-Screaming for VengeancePriest?

yep that stuff is really light.

I love priest but its still pretty lite.

you TS don't even deserve to listen to metal you little cocky piece
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by webbtje
FUCK OFF.

Jesus, one thing I hate is close-mindedness. Someone needs to sig this so that your credibility never recovers from the sheer mind-numbing stupidity of your post.

I always liked you webbtje.

I hate the people that are so close-mided, I understand if you listen to it and say it is not just your style, but people like Liberation (thinks Anthony Rapp is a good vocalist... ) make me sick. They think their music is better because they listen to it...there are some metal-heads like that, but elitism isn't THAT common.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Dream Theater - another day...I listened to that song and its not bad..Is this metal?
Damien Rice === Legend
Quote by guitarguy182
So i ask for a good metal song and im an idiot..okay

Okay, go for Opeth's To Bid You farewell...metal with acoustic guitars and clean singing.,..if you think he's shouting you fail at life

And, yes Dream Theater is progressive metal, but that song is almost like Pop Metal with Petrucci shred thrown in
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by guitarguy182

The first step to recovery is acceptance.

Also, there's no such thing as a good metal song. There's a thing in this world called opinion.

And in all honesty, this is a fucking stupid thread... you basically deserve the flak, IMO.
Quote by guitarguy182
Dream Theater - another day...I listened to that song and its not bad..Is this metal?

Yes, this metulz. Progressive metal to be precise.

Symphony X are a good band that are similar to Dream Theater. Give 'em a go.
I'm a fan of metal with harsh vocals but there's plenty of good bands out there that have clean vocals.

Iced Earth- Burnt Offerings
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
OK, whats baffling me is that while everyone has ben getting their jollies giving him a right old e-rogering, no-one has really helped solve his problem.

Simple solution, see the recommendation thread at the top? Ask in there, people will actually help you there.

So if someone actually decides to use their fucking scroll button before they read the first post and go "OMG NUB FLAEM TIEM" and decide to read this post, you will figure that no more need be said on this subject.

Let it drop.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
power metal doesn't have rel harsh vocals try that

Blind Guardian
Firewind,etc.
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Quote by webbtje
FUCK OFF.

Calm down, man. I was just trying to appeal to his tastes, it was meant tongue in cheek, although i Do think Deep Purple, rainbow and others deserve more credit from modern metal heads.
If I may suggest just one more song Dyer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Keg7B1EYxw

There you go, Hansi is your new God, worship him.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by guitarguy182

For starters, what REAL metal have you listened to?

Also.... are you REALLY listening to it? I mean, unless your listening to some grind, it wont sound like noise....
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by The Virtuoso
If I may suggest just one more song Dyer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Keg7B1EYxw

There you go, Hansi is your new God, worship him.

I love that song, but round here Fiddler = Paedophile.

I can only play the song through headphones, through fear of worrying my mother...
Quote by guitarguy182

One - Metllica
Master of puppets - metallica
Battery - Metallica
The trooper - iron maiden
any Guns N' Roses

There so many good metal bands out there, im not into all this screaming/growling either. so listen to those bands if you want some metal with singing in it (im gunna get slated for saying that but screw it!!)
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH

I can only play the song through headphones, through fear of worrying my mother...

Rofl, that's hilarious! It really adds a new dimension to the song.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.

I can only play the song through headphones, through fear of worrying my mother...[/QUOTE