what would you think of a band with 2 of everyone; 2 singers, 2 guitarists, 2 bassists, and 2 drummers
depends on what they sound like really, but without hearing them I'd say excessive
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
There aren't any rules in music of course. But as long as the music isn't over-bearing, I hope it goes well.
Quote by *Juno*
The drummers and bassists cancel out like zeros on a fraction

nice haha.

i think two singers would be cool. maybe one male, one female, or like a baritone and a soprano? that would be cool to see. two drummers is excessive i think, two bassists could work, and ive seen two guitars in a band hundreds of times.
Quote by *Juno*
The drummers and bassists cancel out like zeros on a fraction

Slipknot anyone?

but yeah, +1 on drummers and bassists. Singers/guitarists you see alot of pairs in bands anyway
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Two Basses would probably not work, neither would two drummers.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
if it was tight and you played together, it could be pretty sweet. i was about to do a thread asking whether or not everyone thought a christian prog metalcore band would be cool, but then i decided it would just get flamed and then closed, so i refrained.
Good luck fitting that onto a stage.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Red33
Two Basses would probably not work, neither would two drummers.

Ehhh, plenty of acts employ more than one drum set.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
minus the two bassists thing, you kinda have modern Modest Mouse. they use two drummers on their newer songs (how else do you think they get the massive bass drum sound?).

even tho their new stuff kinda sucks compared to their old...they were way better as a jam band, rather than dance rock.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i think it would frottage. in fact if i move to north jackson we'll start a christian prog metalcore band as long as you take the bulk of the sweeps :P
the last melvins album had 2 drummers on a lot of it I think, and it sounded good. Would be a nightmare live though, you'd need some serious amps to play over 2 drummers
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
!!!

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Quote by Muphin
Ehhh, plenty of acts employ more than one drum set.

But they'd have to have excelent time or it would sound like crap

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by mrmarc772
i think it would frottage. in fact if i move to north jackson we'll start a christian prog metalcore band as long as you take the bulk of the sweeps :P

I HAZ 2 NOW WURK ON MA SWEEPZ
if you have 2 drummers, make sure they are playing 2 different types of percussion, like have one play a standard trapset and another one play a timpani or something. i don't see any good coming from having 2 bassists unless one plays a short scale with distortion or something. basically, make sure the rhythm section are all playing different instruments.
Sounds like overkill. As said before, 2 singers could sound pretty cool. As long as you can harmonize.
it'd be like dueling banjos, only dueling everything...
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by Red33
But they'd have to have excelent time or it would sound like crap

Well they wouldn't play the exact same thing, because that would be pointless. So really they would just need to be able to keep time.
Quote by sundayserenade
Well they wouldn't play the exact same thing, because that would be pointless. So really they would just need to be able to keep time.

Isn't that exactly what I just said?

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Red33
Isn't that exactly what I just said?

well not exactly, you just said they would need excellent timing. I thought it implied they would play the same thing, sorry.
ew... 2 bassists
what if we actually had to hear them?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders