I'm looking for some new guitars. which is the best site (meaning cheapest) for a new guitar. Looking for a guitar with a double locking trem
zzounds has better prices on a lot of products, and ships pretty quickly as well. GC/ Musiciansfriend has better selection, though.
Yeah, probably zzounds. I had some trouble with them though, when I was getting my full shred pup for the bridge, they sent me a neck one instead. Dunno how the hell you can do that, but eh well. They may be better about that though, I dunno.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
GC, only because I can test the stuff I am looking into buying. Don't buy online without trying gear if you can avoid it. You live in NY, you should try this stuff all out. I find that when I quote an online price my local stores match or beat it anyway.
Quote by gregs1020
GC, only because I can test the stuff I am looking into buying. Don't buy online without trying gear if you can avoid it. You live in NY, you should try this stuff all out. I find that when I quote an online price my local stores match or beat it anyway.

i usually go to Syracuse to test some things, but i don't buy them from GC. I get most of my gear from ebay. But since some of the things are counterfeit, i stopped
If you know what you want go to gc lots of different guitars at a reasonable price. If you don't stay away from those guys.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Sakattack75
i usually go to Syracuse to test some things, but i don't buy them from GC. I get most of my gear from ebay. But since some of the things are counterfeit, i stopped

There has to be a good local guy by you that you can build a rapport with. I go to GC to try stuff out, but wouldn't usually buy there. Have you tried craigslist?
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/ There is one for Rochester, Buffalo, Utica etc...
Way better than e-bay...

I PM'd you a link, check your inbox TS...
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 26, 2008,
I try out gear at GC without talking to any of the employees cuz' they're really morons and then go home and buy it on ebay. I usually buy strings + accessories on musiciansfriend though.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by omghi2u
I try out gear at GC without talking to any of the employees cuz' they're really morons and then go home and buy it on ebay. I usually buy strings + accessories on musiciansfriend though.

Musicians friend is owned by Guitar Center.
http://www.americanmusical.com/

Wins HANDS DOWN!

Payment Options

Use your current Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express to place an online order over $249.99 and select the easy payment option on the checkout page. It’s that EASY! No special card to apply for, no hassle!

3 Easy Payments
- If your order is between $249.99 and $995.94, your credit card will be billed in 3 equal payments, every 31 days, starting on the day your order is shipped.

5 Easy Payments
- If your order is between $995.95 and $3000, your credit card will be billed in 5 equal payments, every 31 days, starting on the day your order is shipped. 5 Payment plan may need credit approval.

THE BEST RETURN POLICY IN THE BUSINESS!

Buy with confidence from AMS. We’ve just made our 45 day return policy even EASIER!

"Gold Lock Protection" - One EXTRA year of warranty - FREE

Many of our competitors charge HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS for an additional year of warranty on their products! AMS offers this EXCLUSIVE benefit for FREE to ALL of our valued customers!!! Thousands of items on our site and in our catalog carry the "Gold Lock Protection". This means you get the manufacturer's full warranty plus ONE EXTRA YEAR! FREE!!!
Quote by Kill Rockstar

Zzounds is also owned by Musician's Friend. this is kinda off opic but if you call the zzounds customer help number but instead of calling 1-800-zzounds replace the o with a zero and you'll get some phone sex thing lol.
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by gregs1020
There has to be a good local guy by you that you can build a rapport with. I go to GC to try stuff out, but wouldn't usually buy there. Have you tried craigslist?
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/ There is one for Rochester, Buffalo, Utica etc...
Way better than e-bay...

I PM'd you a link, check your inbox TS...

I got a guy who lives a half hour away. i bought my first guitar from him and i usually get my strings and i actually got all of my pedals from him to. he's a hell of a guy.
Quote by Kill Rockstar

I know...but I don't have to hear dumb sh't from retarded employees @ musiciansfriend do I.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by Sakattack75
I got a guy who lives a half hour away. i bought my first guitar from him and i usually get my strings and i actually got all of my pedals from him to. he's a hell of a guy.

Bingo - if you want to go new with the ax, work with him, be prepared with what things cost online new. He will likely beat that deal a little and get the business. I commented on your profile page with a nice 7 string thats 2 mo old with a FR and case...
Sakattack75 if you like Mitt Romney go with Bain Capitol i.e. Guitar center if you like real folks who will give you financing with no credit check or interest pick Zzounds. Also if you read reviews on purchases from guitar center online you will be terrified of guitar center online.