okay, i just got done modding a danelectro 'metal' distortion, just to get some more practice at everthing, and it sounds great! . now of course, im moving on to building various circuits from scratch.

now, ive read many things about the boards. but im still slightly confused..if i bought a board, regular, predrilled holes, solder rings on it..

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102844&cp=&sr=1&origkw=PC+board&kw=pc+board&parentPage=search

could i just create the circuit end to end on that? i know many people 'etch' their boards with the solvents and such, but can't you just do a regular old circuit, using some kind of wire (unshielded obviously), connecting the pieces laid end-to-end? i think i'd find that easier than messing with etchants, copper, etc etc.

also, on that dano pedal, when i put a DPDT rocker switch in, i have to 'click' it twice before it turns on or off. is there a way that i can solve this issue? there are only 4 leads running from the PCB to that switch. this is just something wild thats been bothering me. and radioshack didnt have any DPDT switches that could be controlled with the feet at the time D:

thanks! rock on.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
first question: yes you can. just connect the leads together and solder them underneath the board
second question: yes there is way to fix it. you can change the pedal to true bypass(i'll post a diagram showing how to do that), or put in a momentary switch.
OH momentary. should have thought of that..it's always a simple solution. and thank you very much for confirming that, just wanted to make sure it wouldnt mess anything up on the board, or cause a ton of excess noise or anything.

hopefully now i can take that switch back to the shack for a DPDT momentary

also, i dont really need true bypass, because i dont think the shack near me ever has any 3PDT's in stock, and im not going to order one for this crappy pedal. plus is there that huge of an advantage to true bypass anyway?

thanks a ton dude.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
wait, rather, do you think a SPST momentary can be used? chances are that the four leads on the switch could be like, 2 hots and 2 grounds, or one hot and three grounds..does that make any sense?

only reason i ask is that a DPDT momentary may be slightly harder to find..
Quote by Invader Jim
oh sorry man. yeah that makes sense. im not positive, but to be safe, i would try to find the DPDT