Hey. I've been bending strings for a little while now and was just noticing that when you release the bend/bring the string back into place, the other strings that were pushed out of the way also snap back and vibrate/I knock them. I try to mute them and be more careful, but it keeps happening. Am I just being clumsy? Does it just take more practice? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
bend it back, don't let go
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Everything get's better by practice - also bending.
I experience the same sometimes, and what I do is to bend up, and then bend a little down, and then let the strings fall back to place when they're no longer in touch with the other strings.
That process has to be done a little fast, and that's where the practice comes in again
I'm also working on it Have fun!
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
give up the guitar, thats all i can say..
lol
dont
i dunno
bend strings more.
The muting must come from your picking hand my friend, so practise this. Slowly, fret the E note on the 2nd string, (B) on the 17th fret. Then, proceed to bend the note from the 15th fret, D note up to the E. But, this is the important bit, while bending down, slowly move your picking along with the motion. This will inherently mute the strings that have been collided with from the initial bend. The picking will automatically role with the bend as it retracts to its original D note.

This will come with a little practise.
Quote by TheKermal
Everything get's better by practice - also bending.
I experience the same sometimes, and what I do is to bend up, and then bend a little down, and then let the strings fall back to place when they're no longer in touch with the other strings.
That process has to be done a little fast, and that's where the practice comes in again
I'm also working on it Have fun!

Thanks. I'll try that. Good luck to you, too.
when u bend up, let the strings slide up your finger nails... thats what i do
"I've said it like 30 times in a row" - Barry Johnson and the Funky Bunch