Walmart sues brain-damaged mother of US soldier killed in Iraq for $470,000

Page 1 of 5
sucks to be her
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Bad link is bad, and what does the mother having a son who was killed in Iraq have to do with anything?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I agree. Pages that are not found are becoming more and more apparent in today's society. Who keeps abducting them and why is nobody trying to find them? I demand answers!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by i have to pee
Bad link is bad, and what does the mother having a son who was killed in Iraq have to do with anything?

To make people feel more hatred towards Wal-mart with extra sympathy for the mother.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
To make people feel more hatred towards Wal-mart with extra sympathy for the mother.

yeah, pretty much
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
After reading the proper link, I say Wal-Mart has the right to sue. Plus, like stated before, her being the mother of a son killed in Iraq has nothing to do but make you sympathize for her and is propaganda.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
dude...thats messed up..
just because they can get her money doesn't mean they should.
DirkEdit: Don't rickroll.
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by i have to pee
After reading the proper link, I say Wal-Mart has the right to sue. Plus, like stated before, her being the mother of a son killed in Iraq has nothing to do but make you sympathize for her and is propaganda.

well legally they do, but this is highly unethical.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by i have to pee

yup
no reason that wal-mart should be forced to give away that kind of money when the vast majority of companies would be going after the money that is legally theirs
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by mosh_face

This is uncalled for. I'm boycotting Wal-Mart now for this. Who's with me?
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by Matty-13
dude...thats messed up..
just because they can get her money doesn't mean they should.

Why not?

Walmart have every right to, they've honored their legal obligations to her and then she won a lawsuit to cover the costs of the injuries she sustained.. which under the policy the mother agreed to allowed them to recoup their losses if the victim wins damages for exactly that reason..

If the mother's family weren't so greedy then perhaps they would have sought to better understand their situation before they went out and sued in the first place, then they wouldn't have to be using their son's death to try and make back their losses.
Last edited by teegman at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by Rockwolf
That's why I shop at Co-op.

yeah! I work at co-op!!! :P

On-topic: Wal-Mart basically being cvnts
That really sucks but it's not like they're going after something that isn't theirs. They gave themselves the right to take the money back, and the family agreed to it. No matter how much sympathy they draw up, no court is going to decide in favor of them if they agreed to something, and willingly. They should stop throwing money down the drain by paying the lawyer and legal fees and figure something else out because it's never going to work.
I don't need a sig....
Quote by teegman
No, walmart conducting business.

Mother and family being cvnts for bringing their dead son into this.

hmm agreed the dead son should have nothing to do with this, but i think if taking all of the money means that the father has to carry on working 2 jobs and may not be able to send their youngest to college because his earnings has to be spent on bills and care for the mother then they should make an exception, or at least leave them some money.

$400,00 dollars is penuts to them, lets be fair
This is capitalism at its finest. Suck it up, kids.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
You could at least give your views. I hate it when people post links to articles and say Discuss trying to act smart. I cringe every time
Quote by guitarmannn

A WILD SNORLAX APPEARS!!!

lol I'm going to hell.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well legally they do, but this is highly unethical.

So you'd pay nearly half a million dollars in medical bills to someone who then gets the money that was awarded to cover medical expenses and let them keep it? Wal-Mart covered the $470,000 for her to recover and she was awarded nearly as much. Wal-Mart reserves the right to take it. It is not unethical at all, it is the way the world works.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I F*cking hate Wal-Mart. They are a bunch of rednecks who kill smaller stores. Who do they think they are doing this? That woman suffered enough, and now a billion dollar company is suing them! Why are huge companies so ignorant?

/Rant
██████████████████████████████
Quite sad
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Quote by guitarmannn

A WILD SNORLAX APPEARS!!!

lol I'm going to hell.

Yep, you are.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
They had a right to do it...but i still think its lame that they did.
Quote by black007hawk2
This is uncalled for. I'm boycotting Wal-Mart now for this. Who's with me?

Me! *grabs torch and pitchfork*

Wal-Mart was always ****ing evil anyways. This does not help them at all.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Page 1 of 5