Page 1 of 2
So far this seems pretty ****ing enjoyable.

I'll have to listen to it again at a time my laptop isn't beeping at me.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by unfathomable_bo
oooooooh I havn't made a thread in ages

Anyways, ball grabbingly epic progressive death metal with a weird gothic / symphonic twist

I defy you to listen to In The Midnight Hour and not want to cry and break stuff at the same time

http://www.myspace.com/invainno

I've ran out of tissue paper and household objects. =(

Good stuff.
Pretty good. Not doing much for me atm, but definitely enjoyable.

EDIT: I got further into In the Midnight Hour, getting much better.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Mar 26, 2008,
I heard this band a while ago, then I forgot their name. Glad to finally have found them again.
Really good stuff.
lol the beginning part of The Titan sounds like a mix of Sun I Call and Not Unlike the Waves.
This stuff is amazing - it sounds strangely familiar, even though I don't think I've heard them before. "In Vain"...I might have heard them once...

Anyway, this is going on the list.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
They're not bad, some really really good songs, but some are quite average, and some are serious Opeth worship

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Scourge441
I just dl'ed the album. I Total Triumf wins.

*cough* link? *cough*
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
I figured you'd like it with your bizarre fetish for keyboards in death metal haha

That's bizarre?.....

And I'm really liking these guys. The atmosphere is amazing....
I like this band, bo
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
anyone else notice the bizarre influences?

Influences: Tupac Shakur, Sleep Terror, Opeth, Extol, Emperor, koRn, In the Woods..., Arc Singers, Strongarm, Shai Hulud, Young Jeezy, Simon and Garfunkel, ISIS and many more...
I'm a stupid jackass.
^haha, yeah, you don't hear much of that in their music

i thought in vain was a decent name...but the music is completely ****ing awesome. i may have to order the cd...
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
I hope the cry/break thing was just uh... propaganda... didnt do any of that, but the song had a nice feel, I dont like them that much atm, maybe it will change, but I dont know... so for now, good band
Quote by Dyer's Eve
So far this seems pretty ****ing enjoyable.

I'll have to listen to it again at a time my laptop isn't beeping at me.

I think it's a pop-up/ad....kept happening to me as well.
^No, it was my Laptop being out of batteries, haha.

And I bet if the Septic Flesh thread was started by Bo you fuckers would have been all over it like a rash on a baby's ass.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Bump for ridiculous amounts of ownage. Just listening to these guys for the first time in awhile, and I must say, that The Latter Rain will definitely be in the next shipment of CDs I order. This **** is amazing.
I completely forgot about these guys. Probably because I found out about them at the same time as I discovered In Mourning and Ikuinen Kaamos, who are both way better.
I love the part in Det Rakner with the sample of that preacher, or whatever the hell he is. The spoken word sample part.

I would take Ikuinen Kaamos over these guys any day. But I prefer them to In Mourning by a considerable amount.
Quote by dminishedthingy
i love the chorus of Det Rakner

Oh buddy, as do I.... as do I....

Been listening to these guys for a while and I absolutely adore them.

Am I a bad person for saying that at times, I actually enjoy them more than Opeth? Or is this blasphemy among the metal community?
Last edited by Stoner0405 at Jun 2, 2008,
This band is so damn awesome, Our Spirits ride with the wind is ****ing epic.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I saw this on Metal Storm:

Norway's In Vain have issued the following update on their MySpace page:

"The song writing process are done and we're 90% done with the lyrics. Once again we will enter DUB Studio in our hometown Kristiansand and have booked it for two months starting 1 July. All recordings will be done in DUB studio and for the mixing we have different options that will be consulted as the process goes on..

Now, we just hope to get together and practice a little the time that's left before the recording starts.. We aim at a playing time of 55 min, but most likely it will be over 60 min this time as well.. More info on song titles, music, etc to come.. "
Pretty ****ing sweet band so far....

After listening to 4 songs......these dudes are really good, fucking epic as fuck.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Last edited by jerm__ at Jun 15, 2008,
Just recieved my copy of The Latter Rain in the mail. At the end of my 4th time listening through, I've been rendered speechless. I couldn't classify this **** if I wanted too. So much variation packed onto one album, purely emotional and epic songwriting. Amazing.
The intro to "Their Spirits Ride With The" reminds me of Dissection.

Is that what the song is called? or did they just forget to put the last word on..?

I like them though, it's calming. Which is good, but, not TOO calming, which is also good.
^It's Their Spirits Ride With The Wind.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Bump.

These guys just posted two new tracks from their upcoming album "Mantra." Needless to say, both tracks are varying degress of very good, with "Captivating Solitude" pushing towards the amazing end of the spectrum.

http://www.myspace.com/invainno

Edit: The cover art for the album is pretty damn awesome as well.
Last edited by metal7690 at Dec 21, 2009,
FINALLY!

I've been waiting for this for months upon months, checking their myspace almost every day!
Page 1 of 2