I've seen some artist who used EMG switch the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Which is better the EMGs, or the Seymour Duncans?

Edit: Does anyone have any gripes on changing the batterys?
Quote by archenemy_no.1
I've seen some artist who used EMG switch the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Which is better the EMGs, or the Seymour Duncans?

Edit: Does anyone have any gripes on changing the batterys?

Was wondering that myself

can't decide which pickups I want to get, EMGs or Duncans, both are awesome, but I don't know the exact differences.
Battery changes aren't as bad as they seem, but as far as the tone of EMG (81's I assume we're talking about) I despise it with a flag in the air, especially for leads, so I'd go with the blackouts for better dynamics and a less altered eq-curve.
its personal preference
and just in case your next thread is somehting about changing p/us get a new amp first they contribute more to tone then anything
1 idk about the difference between the two. I hear that the blackouts will SERIOUSLY change the sound of your guitar, far more than EMG's. As for changing endorsment, artists might just be switching for the ca$h. And as for battery's, they last about a year if you remember to unplug your axe.
Quote by archenemy_no.1
Would a JB/59 Jazz set-up be better than Active pick-ups?

thats what im heading towards
getting a JB put into my ibanez arc100 as we speak
and when i can afford it i will buy a Jazz

it depends what you want as far as active or passive (and im guessing that passives would be easier to put into a passive guitar, rather than trying to find room for a battery) with distortion levels and what not
but between EMG and Duncan actives i would pick Duncans, because i generally like their tone better
Member of the 'Guitarist Born in 1991' club
I would definitely say that a JB/59 set up would be better than actives. They sound really good. Plus, I would do anything but put actives in my guitar when it comes to pickups. The lack of dynamics annoys me and the shear thought of my guitar running off of a battery just makes me shudder. I'd be really paranoid about it and afraid they would die in the middle of a show, but thats just my opinion. Get the JB and 59
Well, passives are thrashy-er, but I kinda like the active's sound more. I've not played JB/59 Jazz, I know that Michael Amott plays them which is why I metioned them, and I like his tone.

Edit: I gotta be able to pull off squealy's!!!
Quote by archenemy_no.1
Also are the JB/59 Jazz pretty hot, tone wise?

Decently. But it's important to know that the JB is very trebly, not at all "meaty", you either like it or you don't so judge by playing it yourself and not just by listening to overly processed records.

I've only played the 7-string version, it's got a cool, characteristic sound for leads but I'm not really digging it for low tunings and rhythm playing.