I finger pick a lot and I like to be able to use my nails. I don't grow them too long just enough to get past the finger so they can contribute to the pick.
But when they're long enough, finger picking just destroys them so I have to start all over again.
I use my thumb nail most, because I use it for artificial harmonics too, so I figure a bit of maintenance on one nail couldn't be too much fuss.

HOW CAN I MAKE MY THUMB NAIL STRONG?!
I know eating jelly helps, but what else?

Thanks!
use clear nail polish on your fingers. Also, im not sure how jelly makes your nails stronger. the more you cleanly cut them the stronger they become, but always expect your nails to take a beating.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
The best way to do it, I found anyway, was to destroy them by finger picking as you do, then let them grow, do it again, destroy them, let them grow, do it again!!...For me, I just kept doing that without thinking about it, it just kept happening and eventually, it didn't!
Well jelly is that jellitine stuff and that makes for strong nails, or at least healthy nails.
Thanks!
Huh? Angry goldfish, do you mean your nails eventually grew strong enough to withstand it? Is that evolution?! lol
Quote by ljpfahey
Huh? Angry goldfish, do you mean your nails eventually grew strong enough to withstand it? Is that evolution?! lol

Damn straight! They once were fish, and now they are men!...My fingernails are alive!!!!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Damn straight! They once were fish, and now they are men!...My fingernails are alive!!!!

OH NOES!!11elevenoneoneoneonenenenenoenenelololeooene111!!!

did u divide by zero again?

edit: as usual i have the last post again... : (
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Last edited by HeartRaz0r at Mar 26, 2008,