Hello,

Yesterday I bought a new strat (Fender Deluxe Roadhouse MIM) and I love it! The guitar plays wonderfully and sounds fantastic. I tried to test out the guitar in guitar center as much as I could, just to look for problems, and I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

However, as I used it much more today I found my D string is acting strange. The open D string and frets one through 12 are fine, but as soon as you pass the twelfth fret, the tuning on the string changes! What I mean is, say you're playing in G minor, then you go up and octave to the fifteenth fret, the the tuning on the D string raises. Just barely, but it certainly does. I tried tuning and retuning, same issue.

Is my guitar completely screwed? Do I need some kind of adjusting? Is it a simple fix or do I have to get it done professionally? Thanks in advance!
It seems you need to adjust your intonation.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
It's a simple fix, especially on the strat. Just google some instructions on intonating a guitar.

Also, it's not uncommon for a new guitar to have minor issues like that. That's why it's important to think about having it "set up" for you.

That includes adjusting the action, string guages, possibly truss rod, and the intonation...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator