First time I heard "Foetus No-Man", I really didn't like it (the glissando yelps are a bit startling at first) but now I love it. Who else can dig it? Recommendations? Any idea where I can get official lyrics?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
i think lyrics wouldn't make much sense, i mean, it's a reversed track.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Ah, I probably should've specified the songs I heard weren't the original reversed tracks. Haha.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
The review I read on it was pretty negative. Then again the review was from Pitchfork...

But yeah, I dunno, I'm not sure I can listen to an album full of reversed tracks.

Though, other than Panda Bear, are there any other outstanding Animal Collective side/related projects worth checking out?
Quote by hen
The review I read on it was pretty negative. Then again the review was from Pitchfork...

But yeah, I dunno, I'm not sure I can listen to an album full of reversed tracks.

Though, other than Panda Bear, are there any other outstanding Animal Collective side/related projects worth checking out?

you can just reverse the tracks on your own and other than this album i don't think there are any other AC related projects out at the moment.
The reversed version is actually really good. The actual CD version is good for ambiance.

Official Lyrics, you may want to try an Animal Collective forum, but the one I used to go to, Collected Animals, hasn't been working. Not since I tried last anyway.

More AC projects. Well, if you are done collecting Animal Collective's back catalog, obviously get Panda Bear's. Check out their labelmates stuff. Terrestrial Tones, Ariel Pink. They are all involved to some extent with a lot of those things. Black Dice is close with AC.
A few replacements for Collected Animals have sprung up, I didn't bookmark them though, I'll have to find them again. http://lyricalcollective.wikispaces.com/ that's good for lyrics, I didn't check to see if they had Avey Tare & Kria Brekkan though.

The released album (the backwards version) is decent enough, I enjoy it occasionally. The fact that they work well backwards and forwards is awesome.

Terrestrial Tones is very interesting stuff.
Quote by system
A few replacements for Collected Animals have sprung up, I didn't bookmark them though, I'll have to find them again. http://lyricalcollective.wikispaces.com/ that's good for lyrics, I didn't check to see if they had Avey Tare & Kria Brekkan though.

The released album (the backwards version) is decent enough, I enjoy it occasionally. The fact that they work well backwards and forwards is awesome.

Terrestrial Tones is very interesting stuff.

thanks for the link. I usually can find stuff for them on songmeanings.net but they are often wrong.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Didn't ever bother to reverse the tracks. The album wasn't terrible the way it was but to me it just seemed pointless doing what they did because they were probably much better songs played the way they recorded them.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I liked Pullhair Rubeye. Even if the songs were reversed, they did make sense, as much as a reversed song can make sense. I don't think reversing the tracks was a gimmick, I think it was more of a whim. And I appreciate when artists do what they like, even if the end result isn't pleasant to my senses. This time it was